The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is both great (the put down) and scary (the ignorant clearing in the woods of an MP)

Ah, Mr Kawczynski.

Here's what a leaver campaigner had to say about one of his recent tweets:

Edited by snowychap

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is both great (the put down) and scary (the ignorant clearing in the woods of an MP)

Whilst that is great, what always annoys me about these things is that you know Leavers will just see the original Tweet, completely believe it and just run with it.

They won't see (or will choose to ignore) the huge rebuttal. 

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

My only glimmer of hope about a No Deal Brexit is that farmers will have to lie in the bed they were so happy to make.

While I enjoy a bit of schadenfreude as much as the next man, I wonder if rejoicing at UK farmers going out of business at the same time as it becoming a lot harder and more expensive to import fresh produce might be a bit hubristic.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

While I enjoy a bit of schadenfreude as much as the next man, I wonder if rejoicing at UK farmers going out of business at the same time as it becoming a lot harder and more expensive to import fresh produce might be a bit hubristic.

Well, yes, obviously.

I don't actually want to see farmers go out of business at a time when we need them most.  But similarly, I don't trust the snide **** not to ramp up their prices and hold us all hostage either.

Back in my Vancouver days, we had a summer where the Canadian dollar was down against USD and there was a huge drought in California, where a lot of fruit and veg is imported from into Western Canada.

At one point a bunch of asparagus was $16CAD - the equivalent of about £9.  Even a loaf of bread crept up towards £4.  It was horrible.

???

That Bolton rally.

Old, white people. That's it.

They also spelled Rugeley wrong - I have driven past that Amazon warehouse a million times; very close to my parents' house

Edited by StefanAVFC

Think the best way to get a another vote is to patch it up as a way to show the EU up, "let's show em one final time we don't want to be in their club" 

It plays on the arrogance of the Dumexiters.  Let's really show em all. 

Another vote would be a much larger turn out and would reverse the decision, and in my social circle 75% of people voted leave in the first vote , I have seen the turn. .

Â