The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, Xann said:

A Brummy expert in constitutional law explains what went wrong for the entitled, fat, lying, Etonian Tory piece of shit Johnson and his pet monkey.

LBC

Also a Villa fan, if more credit need be added to his account.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

They do essays on crisp ingredients and chocolate bars made in Switzerland on Flipboad now?

not just  flipboard  , even my commute to work somehow reminds me of that chocolate bar

CrSg7K0VUAAoD_K.jpg

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Fair on the Kuenssberg one. Although on the Sky one, the bit you've quoted doesn't strike me as a prediction of the result. "Constitutional history leading to legal and political tremors" would also have been the result had the verdict gone the other way (the relationship between the English and Scottish legal system and the result of a British court overruling a Scottish court on a matter of Scottish law).

He refers to Hale referencing 1611 laws against the govts claim that  the courts had no right to interfere , earlier in the trial  and that it seemed to solely be their case  .... so i took it to mean he only really expected the outcome to go one way  ..but i guess you could be right in your analysis

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I would genuinely pay good money to hear that bloke explain more or less anything about the EU and how it works.

I assume he'd eventually just stop talking and stand there rapidly blinking and juddering.

Seems to have learning difficulties tbh.  That said, I did like "Joris Bohnson".  I'm evil :( 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The only way to get on with it, is to remain. Nothing changes.

Or get a deal done before we leave, otherwise it'll end up rumbling on for even more years whilst everything else that they should be doing is on the back burner.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Or get a deal done before we leave, otherwise it'll end up rumbling on for even more years whilst everything else that they should be doing is on the back burner.

It carries on for years even if a deal is done. The Deal is the first hurdle. It sets the foundation position for everything that follows.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has Jo . . . forgotten her own party policy?

I think the ‘revoke A50’ proposal is only if the Lib Dem’s won a majority in Parliament in a future election rather than an emergency government.  

They would only be able to get a second referendum at best under the current parliamentary arithmetic (and probably not even that). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has Jo . . . forgotten her own party policy?

Revoke is what they will campaign on at the next election, they will still press for a referendum until that point as there's no real democratic way of achieving revoke without an election.

It's nowhere near as bizarre as Labour's shifting goalposts with added unicorns policy that you appear to understand perfectly

• Like 2

Â