Pre-Match Thread

John

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You're a round ahead BOF, all those teams play those fixtures when we're away to Stoke!

Sunderland and Newcastle both have very tough games this weekend, Norwich-West Ham will be a draw I think.

Entirely possible :lol: as I was plotting my fantasy league domination at the time, and may have been clicking back and forth through the fixtures :detect:

We really have an amazing set of fans.

Bottom of the league, near on certs for relegation, 6 seasons of shit, 47.000+ v Norwich, probably there or thereabouts v Loserpool.

Away support - second to none.

We are Villa, a unique club with a unique name and team colours.

Re: Supporters.

Liverpool FC - One of the most successfull British Clubs and one of the biggest Clubs in the world. They have the best Fans in the world and an atmosphere in the stadium that is also the best in the world.

77 quid for their best seat in the house. Surely its worth paying one of the highest prices for the best club, team, stadium, atmoshere, players and the overall honour of being at one of the best clubs in the world?

Was the "Liverpool crowd" at the Wembley SF FAC just so quiet/dissapointed at the "wembley" experience as it wasn't comparable to the true home of Football?

2-0 up v Sunderland - 77th min, "fans" leave - FT 2-2 - Couldn't have written it better myself.

Last minute of extra time v WH lose in the Cup - heaven

When I saw some "Pool fans" being interviewed my first thought was

GET A F***ing JOB!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Our next most important game of the season!  Weird, but I am feeling optimistic about this one and fancy us to win it.

Should be a good atmosphere as well with a good crowd..... 

Well I suppose it says something when I haven't picked Liverpool in my 'last man standing' competition.  That honour has gone to Everton.

The crowd is only going to be "big" because Liverpool fans get the general admission tickets, lets not kid ourselves. Happens all the time with them and Man Utd.

As for getting a result, I'm not optimistic based on their good players being ready and fit for this match.

Even though they are no good to us I'd probably take a draw offered it now. 

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

We really have an amazing set of fans.

Bottom of the league, near on certs for relegation, 6 seasons of shit, 47.000+ v Norwich, probably there or thereabouts v Loserpool.

Away support - second to none.

We are Villa, a unique club with a unique name and team colours.

Erm it was more like 32,000 v Norwich. Villa Park has not  held 47,000 since the 1980s. But yes we have good support considering the total rubbish we had to watch in the last five years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We scored two at Anfield. And two v them in the cup semi (yeah the personnel was different). 

Any team should be disappointed not to score v Mingolet is the opposition keeper. And especially if they're going to be playing Lucas at the back.

To be fair though, it doesn't matter who the goalkeeper is if you don't get any shots on target.