Pre-Match Thread

John

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No we didn't.

Was worried there for a second. Thought I missed a surprise win at VP. Then I remembered the game at VP last season was the one of Gil's superb debut...that we lost. Pretty sure the last time we beat these at home was that 1-0 win on the last day when Downing scored the winner about a month before joining them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Given this stat, Benteke's form, Sturridge's fitness and our own stingy defence....

... 2-0 to the Villa?

(Lescott and Veretout the scorers)

Um obviously it means a Sturridge and Benteke brace in front of the Holte end as well as a clean sheet. Also, Westwood getting sent off for a horrific tackle by Lucas...on him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Um obviously it means a Sturridge and Benteke brace in front of the Holte end as well as a clean sheet. Also, Westwood getting sent off for a horrific tackle by Lucas...on him.

would certainly be consistent of refereeing performances in our matches recengnly.

I'm going to assume a close defeat.  Most probably at the hands of a curiously-motivated Benteke.  Avoiding defeat would be massive though.  Norwich are at Leicester.  Newcastle host Man City.  Swansea are at Spurs.  Sunderland travel to a rejuvenated West Ham.  Results haven't exactly gone our way to date, but this weekend could be huge if it all goes to plan...

• Like 1

Interesting one this. On the downside Sturridge and Coutinho are back, typical!! Liverpool absolutely own us at Villa Park. On the plus side, I dont believe they can be fully motivated, they are going to finish in mid table, they arent that great and we are playing better recently. Not sure how this will go tbh!

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm going to assume a close defeat.  Most probably at the hands of a curiously-motivated Benteke.  Avoiding defeat would be massive though.  Norwich are at Leicester.  Newcastle host Man City.  Swansea are at Spurs.  Sunderland travel to a rejuvenated West Ham.  Results haven't exactly gone our way to date, but this weekend could be huge if it all goes to plan...

You're a round ahead BOF, all those teams play those fixtures when we're away to Stoke!

Sunderland and Newcastle both have very tough games this weekend, Norwich-West Ham will be a draw I think.

What sort of reception do you imagine Benteke will get. Especially after he got slammed this week?

Any chance of a Holte End "Ooooooh Christian Bente-ke" for old times sake?

I reckon we will hear that at some point..also expect Benteke to score lol

I'm also expecting to hear the commentators say something like 'will Christian Benteke break Villa hearts this Valentines Day' - or words to that effect. We should set up a BS Bingo thread with each match to see who can guess what garbage they'll come out with.

• Like 1

A win would be massive here. I'd absolutely love it if we scraped one somehow. 

We'd then probably need 6 wins from 12 games.

Still ridiculously hard given our team, but it's sounding more achievable by the week.