Keinan Davis

a-k

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Forward thinking, Villa, ha that's a good one :)

I agree by the way, but I'm confident he will sign (albeit for a lot more money)

Yeah hopefully as long as one of the big boys doesnt sway his head. He is best staying here. Going somewhere like United or Chelsea he wont get much game time and will potentially ruin his potential. He is better off staying here see what happens if we go up to the premier league and see how he gets on.

The danger of offering a contract to Davis in the summer is that the club were worried he might lose some of the drive. There is also probably the belief that because the club gave him the chance, that if offered a new deal he would gladly accept.

I think we can file that story under the vast amounts of BS sources.

Davis is a level headed player, he understands the club took a chance on him and reignited his professional career, and he knows he won't get into any Premier League sides starting eleven at this stage, let alone get anywhere near the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd. He'd go straight back into playing reserve level football. Keinan will not want that at all.

I'm personally 100% confident he will sign a new deal, and just like any other player it will take time to sort out. Time wise it's not helped by the fact he is now called up for the England U20's, as usually something like this can be sorted in an international break away from the pressures of matches. 

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

The danger of offering a contract to Davis in the summer is that the club were worried he might lose some of the drive. There is also probably the belief that because the club gave him the chance, that if offered a new deal he would gladly accept.

I think we can file that story under the vast amounts of BS sources.

Davis is a level headed player, he understands the club took a chance on him and reignited his professional career, and he knows he won't get into any Premier League sides starting eleven at this stage, let alone get anywhere near the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd. He'd go straight back into playing reserve level football. Keinan will not want that at all.

I'm personally 100% confident he will sign a new deal, and just like any other player it will take time to sort out. Time wise it's not helped by the fact he is now called up for the England U20's, as usually something like this can be sorted in an international break away from the pressures of matches. 

This makes no sense. You tie down your best prospects in order to mitigate the risk of losing them for free or for a nominal fee at a tribunal. Letting contracts run down is a stupid. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And to think, if Bruce had had his way Peter Crouch would be playing instead of Davis.....

This isn’t really a fair comment as he is also the one giving Davis a chance...

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Because he can't get the best out of a bloke he spent £12m in January. 

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s absolutely fair. He is playing him because he didn’t get Crouch, can’t get the best out of Hogan and he didn’t have Kodjia.

Lets not pretend Davis was part of his plan.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s absolutely fair. He is playing him because he didn’t get Crouch, can’t get the best out of Hogan and he didn’t have Kodjia.

Lets not pretend Davis was part of his plan.

Or maybe hogan isn't on form? He could have played gabby or played onomah or hourihane in an advanced role.

i think Bruce deserves "some" credit for the emergence and faith put in Davis 

Just hope that Davis doesn't go down the same path as Grealish. Sherwood  took a chance on him,  he played well but once the manager was gone the progress just stopped. 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or maybe hogan isn't on form? He could have played gabby or played onomah or hourihane in an advanced role.

i think Bruce deserves "some" credit for the emergence and faith put in Davis 

I don’t. I think the credit goes to those who found him, who have coached and developed him. Bruce picked him because he had little choice initially and as I said would have put Crouch in the way of his development.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t. I think the credit goes to those who found him, who have coached and developed him. Bruce picked him because he had little choice initially and as I said would have put Crouch in the way of his development.

I disagree as you could probably say that about a host of managers. I think Bruce's management of Davis has been very good.

Bruce could have turned to other players ahead of davs like I said earlier. If crouch was signed we don't know what Bruce would have done with m and feel no point speculating with that as he isn't here and at stoke

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree as you could probably say that about a host of managers. I think Bruce's management of Davis has been very good.

Bruce could have turned to other players ahead of davs like I said earlier. If crouch was signed we don't know what Bruce would have done with m and feel no point speculating with that as he isn't here and at stoke

What you could or couldn't say about other managers is utterly irrelevant.

As for Crouch, I think it is pretty safe to assume what he would have done with him. I'm not speculating, I'm just not falling over myself to find something positive to say about Bruce to the extent I'm willing to give him credit for a young player he had little or nothing to do with the development of and only played due to necessity.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...because given their playing styles you either play Crouch or Davis. If you sign a 36 year old Crouch on what would clearly be quite a lot of money, it's clear he'd play over Davis and hence Davis wouldn't get the sort of opportunities he has had this season. 

Well this is all hypothetical because we didn't sign Crouch. But you have to remember Davis is a young player liable to have dips in form so it's unreasonable to expect him to maintain his current level throughout the season. See no problem with having him competing for a first team place with a more experienced player - who might also be able to teach him a thing or two. 

However, as I say, all hypothetical, so not a "real" issue: I suspect it was really just raised as a new means of criticising Bruce.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well this is all hypothetical because we didn't sign Crouch. But you have to remember Davis is a young player liable to have dips in form so it's unreasonable to expect him to maintain his current level throughout the season. See no problem with having him competing for a first team place with a more experienced player - who might also be able to teach him a thing or two. 

However, as I say, all hypothetical, so not a "real" issue: I suspect it was really just raised as a new means of criticising Bruce.

No it was raised to counter the attempt to give him credit for something that isn’t really justified.

It isn’t hypothetical to say we tried to sign Crouch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

You mean when he said he was forced to play Davis because of injury?   So we get credit for doing stuff unwittingly?  Will you tell my boss?

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

What you could or couldn't say about other managers is utterly irrelevant.

As for Crouch, I think it is pretty safe to assume what he would have done with him. I'm not speculating, I'm just not falling over myself to find something positive to say about Bruce to the extent I'm willing to give him credit for a young player he had little or nothing to do with the development of and only played due to necessity.

I disagree completely for reasons stated earlier. I think yes the people that brought him here deserves credit for the devlopment side but bruce does for the keeping faith and his management of davis

Â