Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I particularly enjoy the replies to Dr Tony's tweet. He must think we are nutters.

I would post them but one contains a naughty word and I got a warning for posting a Tweet with a naughty word in before so I can't do that.

I hope Mrs Xia isn't following his twitter feed..... 

• Like 1

Gollini, Bunn, Steer

DeLaet, Hutton

Cissokho, Amavi

Elphick, Chester, Baker

Jedinak, Tish, Westwood, Gardner, Lyden

Bacuna, Grealish, Green, Adomah

McCormack, Ayew, Gestede, Kodjia, Kozak, Gabby (like it or not, he's on the books)

Richards and Adama removed due to speculation of a move. Looking at that I'd say a CB and another wide player are need for depth.

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It's happened: StanBalaban's gif collection has shifted from times of boredom/anger to excitement!

That's the power of Tony. 

*cough* Brie *cough*

With Dr. Tony's generosity it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Gollini, Bunn, Steer

DeLaet, Hutton

Cissokho, Amavi

Elphick, Chester, Baker

Jedinak, Tish, Westwood, Gardner, Lyden

Bacuna, Grealish, Green, Adomah

McCormack, Ayew, Gestede, Kodjia, Kozak, Gabby (like it or not, he's on the books)

Richards and Adama removed due to speculation of a move. Looking at that I'd say a CB and another wide player are need for depth.

GK and CM jump out as being the weak spots there imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

No direction would have been buying the best available players with no regards to what we actually needed.

From last season, we needed:

A gk - we got one

New CB's - we got two

Strikers - we got two

Midfielders - we got two

I can't see how you can label our business as having no direction.

It comes across as petty.

To an extent, I agree (and I'm sure there's more comments after this but I'm posting as I read this!).

However, we've basically replaced like for like (in some cases got fewer players now) in every area apart from upfront where we have a whole load of players. We've also invested £29m in that area of the pitch. In terms of central midfield, though, we lost our best midfielder (Gueye) and our most creative midfielder (Veretout) to bring in Tshibola and Jedinak. Not an upgrade for me, and potentially not enough quality here.

Overall, I'm happy because we're definitely giving it a go. We definitely have an unbalanced squad though.  Is it a very short term approach, too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Adomah done, via Tony tweet naturally :crylaugh::thumb:

I can imagine Tony now saying "right, that's it, no more transfers, everybody down the pub I'm buying"

EDIT: then they get to the pub to find that he bought it.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Its a painfully long time now till our next game 

I dunno. It's nice to have a bit of positivity for the next two weeks until we lose again by the ball going in off the referees arse or whatever

• Like 3