Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

19 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

But lost Gana, Gil, Sanchez, Sinclair and probably Traore.

I'd have Hutton ahead of De Laet as well.

We're also a lot weaker at CB in quality and depth.

I quite like Hutton, never spat his dummy out, but I'd have anyone in front of him, always an error in him and offers nothing going forward.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Everyone was garbage last season.

We're weaker at CB because Elphick and Chester are a major downgrade on Okore and Clark. Lescott would have been a more than decent back up and we also lost Donacien who I thought had a lot of potential.

Everyone was garbage last season - yes in the main they mostly were not one player excelled ,  certainly not one individually that you have mentioned

We're weaker at CB because Elphick and Chester are a major downgrade on Okore and Clark - I liked Okore but post injury physically and mentally he had lost it I'd take either of the new boys over him.  Clark,  sorry not having that we mugged barcodes the boy was prone to an error a game at least.  One thing Elphick and Chester give us that none of our former defenders could ever give is leadership in defence which will lead to the defence being less panicky and more measured.

Lescott would have been a more than decent back up - poisonous individual who would never have been accepted at this club again and who's legs have gone.  Not for me and we did well to shift him

Donacien had a lot of potential - I actually agree here and in general terms that we need additional depth to our defence,  lets see what tomorrow brings

I can still see Adomah coming once he realises we are the best (only) option available. I'd like us to try for Charlie Adam on loan or permanent. I think he'd give us the bite and creativity from CM that Westwood doesn't. 

18 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

personally i rate clark, but imo i don't believe that is true. after his injury, Okore lost a step.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Either way he was by far our best CB last season and still easily premier league quality.

23 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Everyone was garbage last season.

We're weaker at CB because Elphick and Chester are a major downgrade on Okore and Clark. Lescott would have been a more than decent back up and we also lost Donacien who I thought had a lot of potential.

My hero!

32 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

But lost Gana, Gil, Sanchez, Sinclair and probably Traore.

I'd have Hutton ahead of De Laet as well.

We're also a lot weaker at CB in quality and depth.

A lot weaker in CB quality???

Im going to refrain from taking the Mick and just say i plain disagree.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Either way he was by far our best CB last season and still easily premier league quality.

I'm surprised a number of premier league clubs didn't try and snap him up. Could easily be champions league with a consistent run in the team.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Premier League quality, yet ended up at Copenhagen on a free.

Surely if he was as good as you say, a number of PL players would have snapped him up on a free transfer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

A lot weaker in CB quality???

Im going to refrain from taking the Mick and just say i plain disagree.....

Just join in! It's much more fun. I still can't quite believe n'zogbia went. We are missing his much needed width and creativity.

• Like 2

Just a proactive message to keep this from going post on poster guys 'n gals.  Thank you.  Stick to commmenting on the posts being made.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Premier League quality, yet ended up at Copenhagen on a free.

Surely if he was as good as you say, a number of PL players would have snapped him up on a free transfer.

He plays upfront now after that finish against Luton, dunno why we bought Kodjia really. 

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just join in! It's much more fun. I still can't quite believe n'zogbia went. We are missing his much needed width and creativity.

And can't believe we sold Clark! Young CB with loads of potential.... oh hang on he is in his late twenties and has showed no sign of not gifting a goal to the opposition every other game.... but yes we are weaker in defence this season

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

How the hell did that get through the swearwordcheckerthingy? Sort it out. Shouldn't have to put up with filth like this when I'm having my tea.

• Like 1