Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

As officially the Technical Director doesn't start yet, anyone think we'll be spending a lot again in January?

No. I don't think he'll have much to do with transfers.

Feel like we are getting very fussy about who we sign in these remaining days.  Worth remembering this is the team we fielded last year at our last home game!! Adomah, Hernandez, Valencia, Kodija, Ings, Wells, Rhodes - yes please.  Thank God for Tony and this window.

Bunn

Bacuna   Lescott  Clark  Hutton

Westwood  Sánchez Gueye Toner

Ayew Sinclair

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Welbeck is far from the most unrealistic name mentioned. The other day people were talking about Jackson Martinez and Theo Walcott.

I actually said the latest unrealistic name. Which suggests that there have been many unrealistic names mentioned... Didn't say welbeck is the most unrealistic, just the latest.

20m for Hernandez is bonkers.  Hull rejecting 20m for Hernandez is crazy. 

Shame we have to move onto target 2.  Let's hope it's a player of the same calibre,  otherwise Tony's world class comment is going to make him look like a bit of a tit.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, decamoto said:

Villatalk never ceases to disappoint - Welbeck and Torres :crylaugh:

Apart from being unrealistic, it's hard to see why it would be a good idea either for us or them even in the very unlikely event of it being possible.  Wouldn't playing in this league be a pretty demotivating experience for them, and lead to people constantly talking about how far they had fallen?  Demoralising all round, I'd have thought.

41 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

People who can't grow one and get upset about it is funny. 

I would pay to trim mine back to a zero on the clippers and then never have it grow again.

Nuisance

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

20m for Hernandez is bonkers.  Hull rejecting 20m for Hernandez is crazy. 

Shame we have to move onto target 2.  Let's hope it's a player of the same calibre,  otherwise Tony's world class comment is going to make him look like a bit of a tit.  

How is it if we sign a different player? 

The amount of money we (and other clubs) are willing to spend on mediocre players this summer is farcical.

I have no issue with the best or most promising players going for huge money and massive wages, but McGrath.

The amount on money we've spent over the last year without being able to fix the most important part of the team (midfield) is a joke.

Can't fault Xia, he's really put his money where his mouth is.

I just hope we don't go into the season relying on a 32 y.o Aussie and an injury plagued kid to form our midfield along side Westwood who I just don't rate at all.

4 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Abel Hernandez is supposed to be world-class? Dumbest thing I've heard in a while, he is one of many, many mediocre or below Premier League-players. 

The phrase world-class is dumb and entirely subjective. 

• Like 2

Actually we don't know if we've failed to bring in the player Xia was referring to when he said we're going to sign a world class player. At that point Hernandez might have already fallen through.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

The amount of money we (and other clubs) are willing to spend on mediocre players this summer is farcical.

I have no issue with the best or most promising players going for huge money and massive wages, but McGrath.

The amount on money we've spent over the last year without being able to fix the most important part of the team (midfield) is a joke.

Can't fault Xia, he's really put his money where his mouth is.

I just hope we don't go into the season relying on a 32 y.o Aussie and an injury plagued kid to form our midfield along side Westwood who I just don't rate at all.

How is he injury plagued?