Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Been looking at some of his clips.  Putting aside WHU fans views, he looks very good in this video.   

Its been said before but Tonev looked good on videos

• Like 1

anyway Valencia I think would be a disappointing signing, im not that keen on Hernandez but think he be a better option even

except for a spell in Mexico his scoring record is really bad, actually scratch that except for 2014 his scoring record is poor in general

Yes have to admit I really thought his scoring record was much better...thought he was hitting 8-10 goals a season at prem level but best he's scored is 4 goals. 

Confused him with Sakho who scored in I think 7 straight games in 14/15.

Still though it's the championship....I think with his pace he'd still be a very dangerous player down here.

38 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Whats the story with us and this FEDERICO VIVIANI guy.  Seen it mentioned this morning and cropping up more tonight.  Wouldnt be surprised if this rumour had some legs.

Never seen him play but I like the sound of him. U21 Italian holding midfielder who likes scoring from free kicks. Played for Verona with Gollini last year so as others have said maybe they get on?

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bit concerned that we might be flogging Okore, Lescott and Richards, which would be good for all concerned but leave us with a paper thin defence to match our wafer thin midfield.

although Tony might have more players in the pipeline 

we can make emergency loans from mid-september so we would be able to get cover if needed

1 hour ago, Holtern8 said:

I think it needs spelling out to the forum that Hernandez has been ruled out by Tony himself.

Please, spell it out for me, 'cos i've certainly not seen him say that whatsoever. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bit concerned that we might be flogging Okore, Lescott and Richards, which would be good for all concerned but leave us with a paper thin defence to match our wafer thin midfield.

Im more concerned with the squad up top now after the summer so far. It gives me confidence though that RDM is building from the back so to speak.

Defence wise Richards, Okore and Lescott leaving and a central defender coming in would sort us out for now. Bennett or Cissokho, Bacuna or Hutton could leave this week and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. In midfield we at least have 4 options + Lyden for 2 positions. Wouldn't be against Gardner leaving and a new face coming in though.

Up top however after Ayew/McCormack/Grealish in the 3 behind the striker there's only Green and/or arguably Bacuna (not my favourite idea I must say). Traore doesn't want to be here and we don't want Gabby here. As for the focal point, I have so little faith in either Gestede or Kozak I'm glad we're at least chasing one new striker.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's not an emergency loan window it's just a loan window, probably due to the premier naming 25 man squads, anyone not named should be up for loan in theory 

Okay then. Most of what I had read suggested there was no loans allowed outside of the 2 windows. But I haven't looked into it too much. 

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I, for one, am quite partial to the flogging of Okore, Richards, and Lescott.

In the town square.

With angry badgers in pillow cases.

• Like 4