Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

A few friends I've spoken to, who have seen a fair bit of Wells, say that he is a decent player at this level but is the kind of striker that needs 4 or 5 chances to score 1 goal - he can be very inconsistent as a goal scorer being the general point.  

He definitely seemed to bring a change to Huddersfield's play when he came on as a sub against us though, so...

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if we signed Bast Dost, this forum would go into meltdown, nuclear meltdown

Is an added 't' really that much more destructive than the common superfluous 'e', as in Gardener and Clarke?

Consonants = fusion, vowels = fission? Who knew. Wrong country for an alphabet bomb, anyhow. But be careful: if it does go off, it could spell disaster.

1 minute ago, TB said:

Is an added 't' really that much more destructive than the common superfluous 'e', as in Gardener and Clarke?

Consonants = fusion, vowels = fission? Who knew. Wrong country for an alphabet bomb, anyhow. But be careful: if it does go off, it could spell disaster.

no idea i didn't add the 't' to start off with, I just find puns more fun than speculation

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

FWIW, Ravel Morrison has just started following Newcastle United. 

I really hope he doesn't sign for them.

Good let him go and be a non entity there.... Even though I can't imagine he'll be a Benitez type signing

30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

no idea i didn't add the 't' to start off with, I just find puns more fun than speculation

Well, you did add the 't', hence my light-hearted comment  :-) No offense intended.

I do enjoy puns, even though some punnery occasionally turn out to be beyond a mere Norwegian. This might just be one of those, if that added 't' was indeed accidental.

15 minutes ago, TB said:

Well, you did add the 't', hence my light-hearted comment  :-) No offense intended.

I do enjoy puns, even though some punnery occasionally turn out to be beyond a mere Norwegian. This might just be one of those, if that added 't' was indeed accidental.

i wasn't offended, but yes it was accidental

As much as I think Ravel would do great with us it's just not worth the potential risk of unbalancing the type of mentality the squad currently has/needs. We are trying to ship out the bad attitudes, I know he is doing a lot better these days but Ravel just has way too much previous to warrant the risk unfortunately. Hope he gets his head down and focuses on his career for the long haul though as he has a lot of talent, would be a shame to waste it.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be gutted if Ravel went to Newcastle and we didnt attempt to sign him. 

I think signing Ravel is a toss-of-the-coin signing. He might prove an asset, but he could also turn out to be a disruptive element in a squad that was left in desperate need of confidence after last season. The remaining offenders should be moved on possible, bringing in new ones would be counter-productive.

A fully focused Morrison would undoubtedly be an excellent signing. He might have matured living and playing abroad. RDM just might be the right manager for him. But I'd rather not take the chance. It seems that Dr T and RDM are in the process of building a competent squad with dedicated pros - at a rate I didn't think was possible. Hopefully, they'll gel and become an efficient team. I don't want any incoming player to upset the apple cart at this stage.

• Like 3