Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, useless said:

Or rather 3,170 times after that post. Not sure if quoting it takes it up to 3,171. Either way shows the mood of the fanbase.

Does it count every word which ever came out of Randy's mouth as shite?

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

When asked about Drogba, Xia said somethink like 

'Come on, maybe in time'

If Tony feels that a 38yr old Drogba is to rich for us, its difficult to imagine that Jackson Martinez isn't.

No he never. 

Wasn't he more suggesting that maybe in the future Xia might own a chinese football club and then it would be more likely that he would sign a player like Drogba for the 'Chinese Villa' ?

Edit: Just noticed someone already replied basically this on previous page

Edited by myko

1 minute ago, myko said:

Wasn't he more suggesting that maybe in the future Xia might own a chinese football club and then it would be more likely that he would sign a player like Drogba for the 'Chinese Villa' ?

That's the way I took it but I'm positive and only Xia knows what he meant! 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Oooooh yes he did

There's plenty of ways of reading into what he said but I think it was more that we don't want ageing or mercenary footballers like those that go to China. That's why he said maybe when it's China Villa. Either way it'd rule out Martinez who's on mega money. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Can we just get back to discussing transfer speculation rather than certain posters trying to massage their egos?

I think the speculation aspect of this thread is largely redundant now that we have a direct line to Tony :P

Yeah you don't need to highlight when I've got something wrong to feel good about yourself, focus on your positives rather than other people's negatives. We all get things wrong and right and different times, it's only football so doesn't really matter.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate to be negative. But I have a feeling this World Class striker is not going to happen.  I'll still be relatively happy with the summer business though.

we may not get our first choice or the player Tony had in mind when he tweeted about a World Class striker, but I am confident we will sign a good striker from somewhere.