Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Not sure how much truth there is in reports of Wigan bidding 3 million for bamford...

even at double that I think he represents value for money. He's been loaned out all over the place needs somewhere to forge out a few seasons in one place why not here. I'd be annoyed if Wigan snapped him up cheaply. Even if brought in as a squad option I'm sure he would quickly step up to being first X1 I hope Wigan don't trump us on this. 

We all have our opinions on here, mine is that Bamford can make a real difference for us, a15-20 goal minimum return type signing with the right team around him, which, is looking good at this time and getting better

16 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Not sure how much truth there is in reports of Wigan bidding 3 million for bamford...

They may very well have bid £3m but that won't be accepted. I haven't seen much of the bloke if I'm honest, but having such a good goalscoring record at Middlesbrough, I'd imagine the whole division would be interested at £3m

This isn't ITK stuff one bit, but my uncle, who is a Liverpool season ticket holder thinks Ings will be allowed to leave at the right price or loan before the window shuts.  He has no idea if any club is interested or has enquired about him though.  I honestly think he'd be a good addition for us.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

This isn't ITK stuff one bit, but my uncle, who is a Liverpool season ticket holder thinks Ings will be allowed to leave at the right price or loan before the window shuts.  He has no idea if any club is interested or has enquired about him though.  I honestly think he'd be a good addition for us.  

I can state, Ings will not be leaving Liverpool in this transfer window - 100%.

1 minute ago, Donniewyer said:

Not saying he will move one bit, but how can you be 100% sure?  Been some crazy moves and fees paid this summer. 

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

He has but over the last 5 seasons he has played 165 games and scored nearly 90 goals...

2011/12 - 41 games / 16 goals

2012/13 - 37 games / 25 goals

2013/14 - 31 games / 17 goals

2014/15 - 35 games / 18 goals

2015/16 - 21 games / 11 goals 

That record is certainly better than I expected to see given his supposed fitness issues. The 5 games he played for Southampton last season were from when he signed for them in January and he had Pelle, Long and I would even suggest Mane ahead of him. He still scored 10 in 16 for QPR last season before his move.

If there is a chance we can get him in and put him through the sort of medical you would expect a professional club to do I would be happy taking the risk.

(Although there is no harm in bringing in Bamford on loan as well just in case). :-)

Better than Gabby stats, and some want to give him a chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Better than Gabby stats, and some want to give him a chance

How many times was Austin deployed as a winger? As i can confirm Gabby was for approximately 50 percent of his games, in poor teams. Either way, pointless dig at Gabby for the sake of it. Lol.

This had absolutely zero to do with him.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

ITk or not…would love Ings here; we need someone to prove himself behind McCormack and Ayew. Ings have tons of quality and if fit he would put McCormack on the bench. That would make us great.

Callum Wilson is a player I'd like. But not realistic, unfortunately

I'm greedy, I still want 7 or 8 players to come in and i want to be cleansed of the shambles of last season

GK - would like an experienced back up

RB - Yedlin or De Laet

CB - Want Lescott and Richards out and Okore is dog shit at present so need another centre back. Batth of Wolves? Solid and a decent character by all accounts

CM - Linked with Diawara, which was never going to happen but would like another athletic and powerful midfielder. We've been linked with N'doye who seems to fit that bill

Attack - I've grouped this together but this includes attacking midfielders, wingers and strikers. I'd possibly want one of each! Say Morrison, Wells and Bamford

Probably asking too much but we'd surely get promoted 

2 hours ago, nazvfc said:

You answered your own question! Why go for 2nd or 3rd choice if the one you want is with a club playing hardball. Make do until we get him. 

Yes kind of reminds me of last year when we went for first choice striker in Adebeyor, and we know what happened then

1 hour ago, Donniewyer said:

Klopp said in his press conference this morning that he's told him to go find game time and made it clear to him he's way down the pecking order there, so if it's 100% that he's not leaving it's because of the player rather than the club and if Klopp told him that to his face and is now saying it to the press and ings wants to stay there then he's an idiot

• Like 2