Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Point about Yedlin and our other purchases is that they are all comfortably good mid table premiership players. We are not just wanting promotion, we are building a team capable of staying up next season. Ballsy.

This is one of the things I've been loving the most. It also aids towards a smooth transition of even higher quality players coming in and not necessarily desplacing our better/older players straight away, but also learning from them, gaining mental attributes etc. The better players we have now may even have to play lesser roles and that in itself will be a testament to the squad. It will also be a huge bonus not having to make wholesale changes to the squad and just tweaking. Helps improve the team, whilst being able to also keep the comeradery and positive vibe!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Yedlin might do a job dropping down a league but make no mistake he is a poor PL footballer. Pacey with not much between the ears.

Weren't the likes of Walker, Lennon etc. Looked at like this for quite some time though? 

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Point about Yedlin and our other purchases is that they are all comfortably good mid table premiership players. We are not just wanting promotion, we are building a team capable of staying up next season. Ballsy.

Hmmm I think if we go up, we'll be signing a lot again. I don't think any are comfortably mid table Prem players yet. Chester struggled to get in Albion who finished low, palace were low with Jedinak not regular... Elphick got injured so we don't know how he'd do... Tsih McCormack  and Gollini never played there

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Hmmm I think if we go up, we'll be signing a lot again. I don't think any are comfortably mid table Prem players yet. Chester struggled to get in Albion who finished low, palace were low with Jedinak not regular... Elphick got injured so we don't know how he'd do... Tsih and Gollini never played there

Yep so players who are capable of staying up...

• Like 1

Yedlin was pretty shite when he first appeared for Sunderland. He was poor defensively because he constantly bombed forward without getting back. He got a lot better as the season progressed and looked decent at the end for Sunderland. It was his first year in the league, and he showed promising signs.

If we can get him for that cheap, 100% we should. 3million is basically giving him away. Very low risk and possible high reward. From a business aspect, this seems like a smart deal. Plus we need to get back the americans we lost with selling Guzan. 

I think I'd prefer De Laet over Yedlin. Although I've not seen either too much, I'm presuming De Laet is better defensively which is what I think we need. We have Amavi who is great going forward but shows questionable defending, I don't think we need two fullbacks like that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Which is why a championship team was able to buy them. Doesn't explain Jedinak. 

With you, Palace were promoted in 2013. Jedinak was a lynch pin in that side from his date of joining in the championship. It is only in the last season he "fell out of favour" as they were/are feeling established and want to go in another direction. There fans also being major pissed off at him going indicates that he is more than good enough for the Premier League. Add to that, at his age and time left on his deal, it was a good decision for all parties.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2