Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Missed a penalty against me in a 5 a side net when he came to open our school fete once when I was a kid. Bloody idolised him after that.

He couldn't score against a kid and you idolised him?!

;)

Edited by Ginko

Re: Balotelli - we are in the process of /  have removed some bad apples (Nzogbia, Gabby, Lescott, Richards), why would we bring in the worst role model possible for the younger generation coming through? 

Whilst he is undoubtedly a talent, I can't help but feel the same about Morrisson too.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

He’ll be 32 in a few weeks. He made his debut for us at 18 and it doesn’t seem that long ago. Makes me feel old :-(

Tell me about it. My first season as an ST holder was his break through season under DOL - I remember the first home game against Leicester, we won something like 3-1, he set up two goals for Angel with some nice deliveries. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Re: Balotelli - we are in the process of /  have removed some bad apples (Nzogbia, Gabby, Lescott, Richards), why would we bring in the worst role model possible for the younger generation coming through? 

Whilst he is undoubtedly a talent, I can't help but feel the same about Morrisson too.

Oh no, not another one. He's not Icelandic FFS. It's Morrison. ;)

• Like 1

I'm happy with the spine of the team and i think we have the fire power for this league but agree with others that our bench on tuesday was seriously lacking...

Morrison and a RB and i'll consider this window a success!

38 minutes ago, Richard said:

Two attack minded midfielders 

rightback

striker 

please

The list is getting shorter, remember how long that list was in May!? I agree with your shopping list and I would say in that order of priority too.

31 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Can it be confirmed that the Championship transfer deadline is the same as the Premier Leagues?

And if not when is it...

Yes it is. I believe that transfer deadline is Europe wide. 

The loan deadline for league clubs used to be extended. But I believe that is no longer the case. 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The list is getting shorter, remember how long that list was in May!? I agree with your shopping list and I would say in that order of priority too.

That's the IN list. The out list is getting shorter too!

richards

flabby

hutton

bacuna

• Like 1

I never imagined it would be possible to have such an overhaul. To have been able to shift the players we have and got money for a few of them is pretty remarkable and to bring in a new spine, we've been pretty lucky. To think, we've had to do all this just to be able to stabilise in the division. I dread to think what would be happening had Lerner carried on. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes it is. I believe that transfer deadline is Europe wide. 

The loan deadline for league clubs used to be extended. But I believe that is no longer the case. 

I believe in the rest of Europe (or at least in Italy) their deadline is the day before.