Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Good lad Hernandez, that's what I like to hear. Things seem to be gathering pace now on the transfer front. 

I'd be much more confident with Abel and Ross up front. It's better than Newcastle's likely current strike force in my opinion. 

• Like 1

'If Aston VIlla call me', surely if we were about to bid or already have done, then we would have contacted the player by now. Maybe Wells, Bamford or someone else more likely.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

'If Aston VIlla call me', surely if we were about to bid or already have done, then we would have contacted the player by now. Maybe Wells, Bamford or someone else more likely.

Might be completely wrong here, but I always assumed clubs weren't allowed to contact a player without permission from the owning club, ie a bid being accepted? Like I say, that could be football manager fiction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure our bid is officially public so I guess he's just covering himself

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good lad Hernandez, that's what I like to hear. Things seem to be gathering pace now on the transfer front. 

I'd be much more confident with Abel and Ross up front. It's better than Newcastle's likely current strike force in my opinion. 

It's not what you want to hear when it's your club. If he does it to Hull, he could do it to us in the future. 

Do feel he would be a useful signing though and an upgrade on Rudy by a long shot (which is more than Rudy has done :D).

If it's true Hernandez has a injury recently hopefully this interview means he's fit now and can pass the medical. I'm sure we've made contact hopefully we are haggling on the price as bit but if not I can see us paying the release clause. Putting 50 goals into this team will go along way to putting promotion within reach and can see him and McCormack playing well together. If we can get Ayew playing for the team a bit more we would have enough fire power for the season then it's just CM that's next to be sorted. If the DR's tweets are spot on we could have our team nearly done by Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

So we've tapped him up then...awesome!

Err how do you figure that? I said the bid wasn't officially public ie. In the media. I didn't say it wasn't official.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be happy with Hernandez in, thought he would go on to be world class when I saw him at Palermo, obviously that didn't happen, but still feel he would be a quality signing for us.

Also think this will mean Ayew is off, but I'd be OK with that as long as we sign 1 or 2 quality midfielders.

Why would it? Are we not allowed more than 2 strikers? We are trying to go forward, remember, not take 1 step forward and 1 (or 2) steps back. I don't think Xia or RDM will be even considering moving Ayew on.

• Like 4

Hernandez and Ayew are two different types of players. Hernandez is an out and out striker and would probably replace Gestede in the starting line-up, although he has additional qualities to Gestede, but isn't as good in the air as him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Hernandez and Ayew are two different types of players. Hernandez is an out and out striker and would probably replace Gestede in the starting line-up, although he has additional qualities to Gestede, but isn't as good in the air as him.

This. Would be a very good addition.

• Like 1

Hernandez would be the no 9 type striker with McCormack playing off him in the no 10 role. Or with three up front and McCormack and Ayew flanking him. A bit like Drogba, Robben and Duff used to line up for Chelsea. At least in my mind.