Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm really worried that we are still massively cack at centre back and in midfield. 

Possible centre backs are Elphick, Richards, Lescott, Okore and Baker which is truly awful.

Midfield choices Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola, Veretout, Lyden and Bacuna which is makes very grim reading indeed 

Need a big signing in each area I think - doesn't need to cost a mccormack but needs to be better than what we have. I'd still like another forward ideally too, although it's perhaps less of a priority now. Bamford on loan would be good. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm really worried that we are still massively cack at centre back and in midfield. 

Possible centre backs are Elphick, Richards, Lescott, Okore and Baker which is truly awful.

Midfield choices Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola, Veretout, Lyden and Bacuna which is makes very grim reading indeed 

At centre back I don't agree we are 'truly awful', it's most likely the strongest set of centre backs in the league in reality!

Midfield definitely needs strengthening IMO. I agree there. 

if the owner and new manager and whole new set up can convince lescott and richards that their lazy word removed shit on a saturday afternoon time of their life on a saturday night routine wont cut it anymore then id say we quite comfortably have the best CBs in the league

chances of that happening remains to be seen though

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

The other is probably Bamford.

I notice our resident ITK liked this post. 

Perhaps he and IT7 are working on old, pre-McScoremack news. If not, perhaps the plan is indeed to win every game 6-5?

No complaints from me if we sign another striker. Covers our arse against any late minute bids for Ayew too.  

22 minutes ago, KHV said:

Elphick - captain of a promotion winning side at this level
Baker - Did well at this level for Bristol City
Okore - Did very well in Danish League, similar level to Championship
Lescott - I hate him but he was our best CB last year
Richards - no argument

Lets be fair here, to call that group 'truly awful' for the level we're at is wildly inaccurate.

• Like 3

regarding centre back, 2 of the 5 need to go, richards and lescott, only elphick, okore and baker will be useful, but we still need another and to promote either lyons-foster or toner, or both.

right back, we need another right back, has the de laet deal fizzled out?

centre mid, yip.

up front, theres a douzen strikers i would of picked ahead of mccormack, but gabby we are stuck with but should never play again, kozak just needs to move on for the sake of his career, so we still need another striker, someone who wont be drawing their pension in a few years ideally.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Richards - no argument

You havin' a laff m8?

Those two are utter clowns of players who made a living off having one good game which MOTD highlighted (because they are English) in 2009. 

They shouldn't be anywhere near this club....best defence in the league based on faux reputation and not actual facts....see last season for the overwhelming evidence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Holtern8 said:

You havin' a laff m8?

Those two are utter clowns of players who made a living off having one good game which MOTD highlighted (because they are English) in 2009. 

They shouldn't be anywhere near this club....best defence in the league based on faux reputation and not actual facts....see last season for the overwhelming evidence. 

Not entire sure what this post has to do with mine to be honest.

I never said Lescott was any good, but he was probably our best CB last year.

Richards, I said 'no argument' to the assertion of 'truly awful'.

Try reading.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Elphick - captain of a promotion winning side at this level
Baker - Did well at this level for Bristol City
Okore - Did very well in Danish League, similar level to Championship
Richards - no argument

Lets be fair here, to call that group 'truly awful' for the level we're at is wildly inaccurate.

I disagree, Richards is all over the shop at centre back, Lescott is finished and half arsed, Baker is error prone and Okore is either crap when fit or injured. 

Elphick I will reserve judgement on but from what I gather he may be fairly decent. The other 4 are bloody awful in their own special way

Edited by KHV

2 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Di Matteo has always been in for Bamford from day one its never really gone away from Both sides and that's the only info I've heard on a striker, it might be someone else, and if it is I have no idea who, I don't always know it all! So could be a nice suprise, as was McCormack as that happened very quickly!

UTV! Feeling slightly more positive now for a good season.

Any other titbits?

4 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Di Matteo has always been in for Bamford from day one its never really gone away from Both sides and that's the only info I've heard on a striker, it might be someone else, and if it is I have no idea who, I don't always know it all! So could be a nice suprise, as was McCormack as that happened very quickly!

Cheers bud, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Any idea if it's a loan or permanent. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I would love another striker. 

Let's not forget behind McCormack and ayew are gabby, Gestede and Kozak. 

It would be great if we could push all of those further away from the starting 11. 

Gestede destroyed championship defences for Blackburn