Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I understand the unease and the desire to see a few more new players arrive, I certainly agree there is a need as well.

However there are still 34 days left in this window, almost 5 weeks. That is a hell of a lot of time yet.

Yes I know Sheff Wed is looming, yes I know we need players in several key positions most obviously up front. I'm sure RDM as well and I'm comforted by the fact he immediately saw the need for a keeper and CB with leadership quality, gives me confidence he will see what else is needed.

Whatever the reasons we've not seen more arrivals yet (and there are various) I'm still confident they will come.

although dour, I do think we have to accept a reality where Ayew, Gueye, Vertout and even possibly Amavi will leave. Even though some won't be generating much interest now - come the end of the window they will be Plan B, C or D to some other teams and their agents will have been pimping them out to all and sundry.

which is why i feel we should just remove the plaster now and sign new players, rather than kidding ourselves

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

So our better players will be nicked over the next month, leaving us with the overpaid shite and a hell of a lot of work to do to make the team promotion material. Great.

I hope not, I hope at least Amavi will stay at least just to prove his fitness. But Ayew forced the move to Villa didn't he? I may have that wrong but these players will have their **** agents screaming in their ears that they are better than the championship, that they are 'owed a higher paid living elsewhere' - they'll have other football player mates telling them the same.

I don't care about Vertout and Gueye. I do care about Ayew and Amavi and really hope they stay.

But as long as the players don't have release clauses in their contract we have no reason to sell. We don't need the money, and in certain cases (Amavi & Ayew) we won't be able to replace them in terms of quality.

Gueye can go if he wants, he was average last season. If he wants to stay then that's great but he's not the make or break in achieving promotion this season.

We just need to get rid of some deadwood as soon as possible and strengthen areas before we get too far into the season. A striker before next Sunday is certainly needed!

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

although dour, I do think we have to accept a reality where Ayew, Gueye, Vertout and even possibly Amavi will leave. Even though some won't be generating much interest now - come the end of the window they will be Plan B, C or D to some other teams and their agents will have been pimping them out to all and sundry.

which is why i feel we should just remove the plaster now and sign new players, rather than kidding ourselves

And as I said previously, there are almost 5 weeks left of the window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Was listening to Talksport this morning to see if there was anything... Yeah its getting that desperate! Happy-ish so far but would like the momentum to continue. I reckon we may see a quick succession of players leaving as they are all in the pipelines. 

Anyway, Robin Van Persie is being linked to Rangers and Stoke. 32 years old (33 next month) but scored 16 in 31 league games last season in Turkey, maybe could still do a job next season in the Championship? If Rangers could tempt him surely we could? 

Would be nice for him to score some worldie goals for us instead of against us..

No chance he would come here, or Rangers for that matter.

As ever I will judge at the end of the window. For now, I have my concerns and I think we should be moving a lot quicker then we are but plenty of deals get done in the last month.  I imagine most deals do in fact.

How many games will we have played by the end of the window? 4 or 5? I'm optimistic in nature, but even I'm starting to question our glorious leaders intentions.

Hurry the fudge up and sign everybody immediately ffs!! /sarcasm

8 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

How many games will we have played by the end of the window? 4 or 5? I'm optimistic in nature, but even I'm starting to question our glorious leaders intentions.

Hurry the fudge up and sign everybody immediately ffs!! /sarcasm

I agree, we have to hit the ground running over the first 4 or 5 games.  Will most possibly determine the rest of the campaign.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Derby have the same team that failed in their promotion bid last season and have, arguably, stiffer competition this year. What makes them one of the favourites?

Sure they haven't added anyone yet, but they've been consistent over the last number of seasons pushing for promotion. Pearson back in management with a point to prove. And the division so far hasn't exactly been a flurry of activity on the transfer front. Strangely most teams are still unchanged from 3 months ago :P

I'd be very suprised if they weren't up there. 

Edited by Duck
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I agree, we have to hit the ground running over the first 4 or 5 games.  Will most possibly determine the rest of the campaign.

I know it's "a marathon not a sprint" but I think you're spot on, Sheffield Wednesday are considered a major threat in that league and we need to send a message of intent to everyone else, we've been a joke for 4 years now ffs!

We've finally got our club back and an owner that talks the talk, we now need to know if he's wearing walking boots or flip flops!

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see Ayew might be off on loan to Nice.

Loaning out our best player and only striker seems a sensible move. Get it done. 

It is a rubbish article based on absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I do find these kind of posts ridiculously pessimistic.....not criticizing you in particular, there are lots of posts like this and you are your entitled to see things as you wish, but from where I stand it looks like you are just worrying about stuff that hasn't happened and probably won't happen. It is like imagining the worst case scenario and then talking like that is going to happen.  I think plenty of players will want to stay at Villa and we should have a bit more trust in Tony and RDM to steer us through.  Again just my view.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see Ayew might be off on loan to Nice.

Loaning out our best player and only striker seems a sensible move. Get it done. 

You put more trust in that article than what the owner says? Can i ask why?

• Like 2