Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm surprised we haven't bought anyone in on-loan from Chelsea. Looking at their squad there's a few in there that may not get much game time this season:

Dominic Solanke 

Loic Remy

Marco van Ginkel

Reuben Loftus-Cheek (unlikely to drop a division now)

Bertrand Traore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.#First_team_squad

To be fair i reckon Conte will need a little more time to assess the whole squad. Give it a week or two and he will decide who can go on loan. Can't see any of them other than Solanke dropping to the championship though. 

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

I like RDM, I think he will get the best out of players, and I certainly don't think we'll have any prats under his management. But the truth about some players is they're not very good. I think everyone on VillaTalk could tell that a striker was needed asap, and that the defence needed sorting. We have no striker and although I'm happy with Elphick, it's hardly going to make that defence solid. Every team we played against took us apart whenever they felt like it.

thank goodness we're only playing two of those teams this season...

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't disagree with a lot of that to be fair. I think Pearson may be able to add that missing grit from Derby's team mentality too.

Only thing I would say is that I'd be surprised if our team doesn't undergo a few more ins and out before the end of the window. We're not in-line for a promotion challenge as things stand, but there is still a bit of time to get things sorted.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more players come in, I just would've liked for us not to be leaving it so late. I genuinely am concerned about the money though, if the Doc really had any money wouldn't RDM be jumping at the chance to sign players that would give us a good chance of promotion? I mean I'm not a fan of Dwight Gayle but Newcastle signing Ritchie got me wound up, £11 mill? Surely our owner has that kind of money if he is what he says he is, and he is the kind of player that can get you promoted.

2 minutes ago, Skills said:

thank goodness we're only playing two of those teams this season...

Two of what teams?

Edit: I see what you're saying. But even though we won't be playing prem opposition this season, do you really think the quality drops that low in the championship?

Edited by 7392craig

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Two of what teams?

Edit: I see what you're saying. But even though we won't be playing prem opposition this season, do you really think the quality drops that low in the championship?

I'm not sure how much the quality of our opposition drops, but it's going to be meaningful I would think.

What's important to notice is that our role in matches changes from the prem. We are expected to win, or at least try to win, most matches. We've had serious problems with being the dominant team for years now, and I fear his will continue in the Championship. We will keep the ball, but do nothing of note with it.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Knockaert and Will Hughes need to be signed, we're desperately lacking quality in midfield.

would have those two. Really rated Knockaert at Leicester. 

Heard a whisper through connected people at work that wolves are in advanced talks with Real to sign someone that will leave people gobsmacked. No names given but I was told he wouldn't be out of place in a top 4 Prem team. (I work in football btw and hear snippets) come dr X back your Twitter talk up with actions! 

If we were to sign say Bentaleb on loan (dream)  Pritchard. Bamford &/or Wilson on loan. A new RB I'd be quietly confident. We need actions not twitter sound bites fast. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Heard a whisper through connected people at work that wolves are in advanced talks with Real to sign someone that will leave people gobsmacked. No names given but I was told he wouldn't be out of place in a top 4 Prem team. (I work in football btw and hear snippets) come dr X back your Twitter talk up with actions! 

If we were to sign say Bentaleb on loan (dream)  Pritchard. Bamford &/or Wilson on loan. A new RB I'd be quietly confident. We need actions not twitter sound bites fast. 

ITK!!!!!

Just now, Flynnchin84 said:

ITK!!!!!

Unfortunately not ( I work at Oxford Utd) wewere/are (as in Oxford) after a player on loan from wolves and the owner/ head of first team have been talking to the new owners of wolves about player availability. The owner is well connected with sha ( almost bought them) he knows I'm a villa fan and I get to hear the odd snippet. It came up in conversation yesterday about wolves takeover and that's when he said about the wolves/real mendes player/link. 

The owner doesn't know anything about dr X or villa and I wouldn't believe him if he did tbf. 

19 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see more players come in, I just would've liked for us not to be leaving it so late. I genuinely am concerned about the money though, if the Doc really had any money wouldn't RDM be jumping at the chance to sign players that would give us a good chance of promotion? I mean I'm not a fan of Dwight Gayle but Newcastle signing Ritchie got me wound up, £11 mill? Surely our owner has that kind of money if he is what he says he is, and he is the kind of player that can get you promoted.

For now I'm holding onto the belief that RDM is working on getting in a few key players that will balance out the squad and that we're doing business below the radar.  I'd prefer to have seen more action by now but will give it another few days before having a full on wobble.  However much cash we have, I would far rather the purchases were considered and thought out to fit a style of play than last summers 'buy all the Jordans' scattergun approach.  

21 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Two of what teams?

hard to quantify quality, but last time I checked there were no arsenals, mancs, chelsea, spurs, pool in the championship

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Heard a whisper through connected people at work that wolves are in advanced talks with Real to sign someone that will leave people gobsmacked.

saw something similar on the internet yesterday, championship club signing a bayern munich player!!!!!!

turns out its bristol city signing ivan lucic