Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

wonder if Keiren Westwood would consider moving to Villa? He'd instantly be an upgrade over our current bunch, though that's not saying much. 

I don't think I'll be able to stomach 2 Westwood threads

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think I'll be able to stomach 2 Westwood threads

To be fair, most times you hardly notices the other one

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

I can't wait for this thread to properly get going with proper links to the players we are going to buy. The first couple of signings should give us a real clue about how serious Xia is and what kind of season we might have. Can't wait till we start shipping out the dead wood as well. 

• Like 1

I'd like the first couple of signings to be on legal documents cancelling the contracts of a few, gabby, lescott etc or in transferring some out , bacuna , Richards, Guzan, Sinclair , Clark .

id like some of the poison cleared out before introducing new players to the club 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I'd like the first couple of signings to be on legal documents cancelling the contracts of a few, gabby, lescott etc or in transferring some out , bacuna , Richards, Guzan, Sinclair , Clark .

id like some of the poison cleared out before introducing new players to the club 

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I would love the first player related headline to read

'Villa release 8 as the cost of relegation kicks in'

No doubt it would be worded like that to make it sound like a negative rather than a positive. 

7 hours ago, Richard said:

Clark isn't a world beater but i really don't understand why you'd want to pay to cancel his contract. I'm confident he'll serve us well in the Championship should we not sell him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Clark isn't a world beater but i really don't understand why you'd want to pay to cancel his contract. I'm confident he'll serve us well in the Championship should we not sell him.

It's not about money...it's about sending a message.

15 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

7 hours ago, Richard said:

18 hours ago, YLN said:

I really don't think they would. 

I'm not sure I can think of any time that has worked out, whereby a Championship team picked up a former superstar in the twilight of his career, gave him one last 1 or 2 year contract, akin to something he could get in China or UAE and he went on to have a really positive effect on the team.

Cambiasso?  OK, promoted Championship team, but I'd have thought we could pick up players like that (in fact we should have got him at the time.) 

Rogers preferring to work with a smaller squad, and lots of rumours flying around of a potential clearout at Celtic, I think we should be looking at some of the better players and seeing if we could tempt Celtic to part with them. 

Think Rogic looks a good player, and Forrest is out of contract. Lustig could be a good option at RB and maybe even try to get Brown? As our Joey Barton kind of player in the middle of the park. Be a good option for captain

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Rogers preferring to work with a smaller squad, and lots of rumours flying around of a potential clearout at Celtic, I think we should be looking at some of the better players and seeing if we could tempt Celtic to part with them. 

Think Rogic looks a good player, and Forrest is out of contract. Lustig could be a good option at RB and maybe even try to get Brown? As our Joey Barton kind of player in the middle of the park. Be a good option for captain

Lustig is worse than Hutton, Brown is a tosspot who is Scottish Robbie Savage. Forrest always looked decent but he hasnt developed much

wouldnt take anybody from Celtic except maybe Gordon but havent seen him play in a while

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lustig is worse than Hutton, Brown is a tosspot who is Scottish Robbie Savage. Forrest always looked decent but he hasnt developed much

wouldnt take anybody from Celtic except maybe Gordon but havent seen him play in a while

I'd take Griffiths. Scored a loads last season and had a good record for Wolves in the Championship.