Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

I think we need to STOP trying something new at the back.

Our defenders aren't very good. The only way they're going to get better is through consistency. We need to decide on a back 4 and stick with it.

Chopping and changing personell and formations every week is incredibly hard for most defences, let alone our one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Clark isn't suspended, he has 4 yellows in the PL. Hopefully Richards passes a late fitness test as he's needed whether it be at CB or RB. Llori hasn't been fit for 4 months now it's getting ridiculous.

Is he not suspended the media are reporting he is?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Our defenders aren't very good. The only way they're going to get better is through consistency. We need to decide on a back 4 and stick with it.

Chopping and changing personell and formations every week is incredibly hard for most defences, let alone our one.

Have to disagree with this to a point, we can't keep a clean sheet on a regular basis and look like conceding 2/3 goals a game. That is why I like the idea of five at the back! All about opinions of course but would like to see how it works now Okore is fit.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly.  That's (one of) the reasons Tim gave us such a crap start - trying a different mix every week.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have to disagree with this to a point, we can't keep a clean sheet on a regular basis and look like conceding 2/3 goals a game. That is why I like the idea of five at the back! All about opinions of course but would like to see how it works now Okore is fit.

I can see the reasoning behind that, but 5 at the back is a big change. It's not as easy as just arranging the players differently, playing with 3 CBs is a lot different for the player than playing a normal back 4.

I fear if we made a change like that, it would be another 4 or 5 games until we adjust to it, which we can't afford.

We're fine with a back 4. I'd rather see us stick with that formation and try and get the players settled and consistent. A defence can't play well if there's a new formation or a new player in it every week.

2 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said: Clark isn't suspended, he has 4 yellows in the PL. Hopefully Richards passes a late fitness test as he's needed whether it be at CB or RB. Llori hasn't been fit for 4 months now it's getting ridiculous.

Is he not suspended the media are reporting he is?

I think it's 4 yellows for a suspension this season (or maybe 5 including league cup games, I've noticed a few players suspended on fantasy football with 4 league yellow cards

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Guzan

Bacuna             Okore             Richards           Lescott              Richardson

Sanchez                      Gana

Gill

Gestede               Ayew

Think we need to try something new at the back? Couldn't decide between Adama or Gestede, but went for the big man as away from home and may need to hold the ball up top better? Think we could be more solid with that kind of line up, then have Adama and Agbonlahor coming off the bench in the second half to scare them with pace? 

Reported missing: one midfield.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Reported missing: one midfield.

532? Richardson has moved from left back to under Bacuna when reposted on here for some reason? Not sure why? Think that team can give them a game and can be solid enough.  Still think we can get a draw.

20 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Clark isn't suspended, he has 4 yellows in the PL. Hopefully Richards passes a late fitness test as he's needed whether it be at CB or RB. Llori hasn't been fit for 4 months now it's getting ridiculous.

Gardner can beat that - he hasn't been fit for about 5 years.

• Like 1