The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In the position we are in Gil, Adama and Grealish should be starting every week. What has he seen from the players he's picked to make him think they're gonna get us out of this?

Yeah.  I mean, I'd possibly play Gana and Veretout centrally with Gil, Traore and Grealish ahead of them and Ayew up top.  It's attacking, but we're simply not staying up if we don't start scoring.

• Like 1

Now he's not too blame completely but has he made ANY different to this team whatsoever? That was one of the worst performances I have ever  seen. No structure, no passion, no drive. Substitutions had no impact (Adams aside who came on far far too late) and actually stopped the flow of the game. Arsenal won the game without getting out of first gear.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Now he's not too blame completely but has he made ANY different to this team whatsoever? That was one of the worst performances I have ever  seen. No structure, no passion, no drive. Substitutions had no impact (Adams aside who came on far far too late) and actually stopped the flow of the game. Arsenal won the game without getting out of first gear.

He's only had 4 games or something so....

...and one of the worst performances you've ever seen?  What?!  We were clearly structured and tried to contain Arsenal.  Gil and Traore both looked lively after coming on (Traore not for long enough) and after half time our pressing was generally much better.

Arsenal are a class act and in the running for the title.  We apparently haven't beaten them at Villa Park for 17 years.  This isn't down to Remi Garde.  He needs time.  I think he'll be a good manager.

• Like 4

Very poor appointment imo.

He has made little to no impact and does not inspire me with any confidence that he could even win a game this season, let alone take us on a run that gives us a fighting chance of staying up.

The team looks better organised then we did under sherwood. We dont look like scoring though, and theres a brainfart waiting to happen in every player of our backline. So we might as well go down with playing entertaining football. Let the players have fun, enjoy the game. 

Ayew

Grealish-------------Adama

Gueye-Gil-Vertout.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...and one of the worst performances you've ever seen?  What?!  We were clearly structured and tried to contain Arsenal.  Gil and Traore both looked lively after coming on (Traore not for long enough) and after half time our pressing was generally much better.

Arsenal are a class act and in the running for the title.  We apparently haven't beaten them at Villa Park for 17 years.  This isn't down to Remi Garde.  He needs time.  I think he'll be a good manager.

the worrying thing for me is that garde has came in and there is no bounce or lift in the players which you normally get from a new manager. tried to contain arsenal? well we should think about changing our methods there because we were absolute garbage at doing it. how many teams enjoy coming to villa park? its just to easy and laid back.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I've said its not all on Garde. 

The structure was appalling, Arsenal picked us apart with ease first half and second half they never even got out of first gear, they coasted to victory. For ten minutes of the second half we tried but the rest of the half we were shocking. In our position we expect to see fight and passion and today there were was nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

The structure was appalling, Arsenal picked us apart with ease first half and second half they never even got out of first gear, they coasted to victory. For ten minutes of the second half we tried but the rest of the half we were shocking. In our position we expect to see fight and passion and today there were was nothing.

bang on.

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

The team looks better organised then we did under sherwood. We dont look like scoring though, and theres a brainfart waiting to happen in every player of our backline. So we might as well go down with playing entertaining football. Let the players have fun, enjoy the game. 

Ayew

Grealish-------------Adama

Gueye-Gil-Vertout.

dont look like scoring but we have still let in 10 goals under garde so no we are not that organised.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don't think Arsenal did pick us apart as ease - they won easily, but that's just because they are a much, much better side.  Apart from their 2 goals, I can't remember them doing anything else that could be stated as picking us apart - and one of their goals was a penalty.

We started pretty well but the early penalty killed our confidence.  We've played arguably the 4 form teams in the league at the moment.  We'll learn much more over our next 8 games.

Edit:  That doesn't "excuse" the result against Watford, and actually Leicester are in more form than some of those.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

The second half was the most boring half of so called football I've witnessed. Arsenal not bothering and us, well, I'm not really sure what we were doing. Garde hasn't really changed anything so far. Same old team playing same old formation (near enough). Still we've got some pretty poor players he has inherited.

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He's made no difference, and to those saying he's only had a few games, well here's a news flash, we needed someone to make an instant impact, and Garde has not delivered on that. 

He's made no difference, and to those saying he's only had a few games, well here's a news flash, we needed someone to make an instant impact, and Garde has not delivered on that. 

Someone like fat Sam maybe who has done such a wonderful job at Sunderland?

Agreed, if you can't get a lift out of the players when they're initially trying to impress you as a new manager, what hope is there?

Unless we work a miracle in January, which seems incredibly unlikely under Lerner, we're down. Garde might go on to do good things as a manager, but I'd much rather have had Allardyce for a relegation battle.

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Someone like fat Sam maybe who has done such a wonderful job at Sunderland?

Errr, he's got more points for them than Garde has for us, and at least has them in touching distance of the 14 point mark, rather than 8 off. So yeah, great point mate.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I know it's very early doors but I don't think Garde was the right appointment at all.  We needed someone like Fat Sam to build a solid Base and then get a manager like Garde to add to it.  Similar to what West Ham have done.  Letting Sam go to Sunderland was absolutely ridiculous.  

Our owners really aren't very smart,  at all.  This isn't a knee jerk reaction to our current position.  Was saying it at the time.  

• Like 4

Â