The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

7 hours ago, KHV said:

Still a massive improvement on Gana and Veretout though.

Personally I don't think so, not by a long way. Cleverley has had years to adjust to the premier league and at a club like Utd surrounded by decent players. What pissed me off most about him was that as others have said, he did nothing until the last few games, which it could also be argued that he only pulled his finger out in order to get the everton move. His effort was minimal at best and I have seen far more in spells from both Veretout and Gana considering the length of time they have been here to believe both will be better than Cleverley.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cleverley was terribly underrated on here, only when he started adding goals people appreciated him

that is usually the case....goals mask everything.

However, right now I might join in.

Remi will stay if (when) we're relegated

Ex-Lyon boss Garde signed a three-and-a-half year contract when he took over from Tim Sherwood last month despite a desperate start to the campaign.

Asked by L'Equipe if he would stay if Villa were to be relegated, he said: “The discussion with the owner was also about that . I wanted to have certain answers and he told me that in the case of relegation the project was still on, and that he counted on me to lead it. So I am working also in the medium term.”

“I would want to stay if I feel that everyone is behind me. A season in the Championship is not the stuff of dreams but we can reconstruct the foundations of a big club quite quickly.

"To go down, it is not the wish of anyone, but if we are in the Championship and the club still wants me, I will start again with Villa. The answer is yes.”

It's still too early to judge him but I think he's improved us a bit and he seems like a guy with a very specific and structured plan. I think he could be good for us in the long term.

• Like 1

I need someone to explain to me like im 5, why I should continue to have faith in another manager who's lackluster team selections and questionable subs are making a BIG ask, merely impossible. Someone please tell me how this is ok...? 

9 minutes ago, Callum said:

I need someone to explain to me like im 5, why I should continue to have faith in another manager who's lackluster team selections and questionable subs are making a BIG ask, merely impossible. Someone please tell me how this is ok...? 

"Another manager with lacklustre team selections and questionable subs."

could it be that the players aren't that good if IYO Another manager has the same issues as the previous imbecile?

2 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

"Another manager with lacklustre team selections and questionable subs."

could it be that the players aren't that good if IYO Another manager has the same issues as the previous imbecile?

To be honest I was hotheaded, but really, for me Gestede shouldnt be starting, sinclair over gil? hell, what damage is traore going to do starting a game? Ilori? Surely Libor was worth a pop? 

Weve gone from a lark about jackthelad nonce in Sherwood, to a guy who looks about as inspiring as a toenail left on the side of the bathtub.

One extreme to the other, but to me he doesnt seem like the type of guy players would strive to play for. But hey, who am I to judge?

Queue the crucifiction... 

Not impressed thus far with him, I'd of hoped to of seen us being hard to beat by now but in every game under him we have been soft as shit and just giving away silly goals. Unfortunately he's not the man to keep us up imo but I'd hope that he sticks around next season and is given a proper chance to build his own team.

Â