The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

The one time he went for  it with attacking players starting we got spanked 4-0 by Everton ..his problem is the attacking players Gil and Grealish 1) Don't track back well enough 2) Which would be ok if they were doing something at the other end but they are not effecting the game enough there either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

has said Remy is his only target that knows this league

Source? Sounds a lot like a misquote of:

"Loic is special because he knows the country and the league and he would be an interesting player for the team," Garde said.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It was on Sky a few minutes ago and he said that quote and finished saying other targets he doesnt know if they will be good enough for the league

Doesn't match up with the above (can't quote on mobile)

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I find it totally believable as anyone this knows this league know not to touch us with a barge pole 

I've always wondered if "barge pole" is only used by Brummies in reference to our Canals

off topic sorry

10 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It is a poor squad but I don’t think either manager has got the best out of it this season. I said yesterday there is no way this squad should only have 8 points from 19 games and is not 21 points worse than Watfords, 15 worse than West Broms and 12 worse than Norwich and Bournemouth.

I know of course there are some mitigating circumstances for Remi as these aren't his players. That is what happens though when a new manager comes into a club mid season. They have to work with the squad they inherit. It is not a unique situation. Sherwood inherited Lamberts squad. It is the manager’s job to get the best out of that squad and the very least you’d expect is that he would get them to fight and give their all in every game.

I think two things happened on Monday which make me strongly question if Remi was the right choice for the position we are in. One he picked a far too negative team and that team then let him down badly. There was a clear lack of desire and willingness to fight and, has confirmed by our own captain, Norwich wanted it more. If Garde can’t at least get the players to give their all then we have no hope.

I don’t know what happens now going forward under him. I have zero belief that he will pick a team and send them out with the right attacking intent to beat Sunderland. Law of averages says we will win a game eventually under him but if it doesn't come against the team 19th in the league, and didn't come against the team 18th in the league, I don’t have a clue when one will come.

It is all so disappointing as I really hoped Remi would have a positive impact but it simply hasn't happened. No win in 8 isn't good enough and to have gone from 4 points from safety when Sherwood was sacked to now being 11 points away can’t be what any of us envisaged when Garde was appointed. If this is the best he can do with this squad then what was the point. Long term Remi could be a good manager for us. For him to get that chance though he needs to be doing better than he is now.

I take on board your points Mark and they are relevant.

however no one has the monopoly on the the exact problem, I have said on here for some time, my view is ,we have bought players with the emphasis a distance to what was required.....We have ability, but no desire, will, fight to go with it.

it will take any manager, some time and money to change that.

You know my feelings on TS, he had a raw deal in my view, but a decision I ultimately had to concede to, due to the constant losses, even I was looking for change for change sake, that's how it gets us all.

We are in a bad place and for Remi I see ít getting worse, before it gets better.

Managers can never be granted asylum......the footballing book does stop with them, but all I say is don't underestimate the task this man has.

rarely in my time watching my team have I witness such a spineless bunch.

Ps I can understand the comment ......then leave them out, but they  are ALL short of heart with one or two exceptions.

pps ......why is'nt Gabby kicking up a fuss to get back in.......it's all rotten.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

has said Remy is his only target that knows this league

Listening to Mick Quinn on talk sport.....he said Loic Remy has the heart of a peanut.

not that Quinn knows everything......but that's all we need, we have a club full of them.

Â