The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Oh come on, lighten up. It's football for goodness sake. 

You can either laugh at how crap we are or sit around being miserable about it. Seeing as it's something we have no control over, it's been happening for five years and we know we're gone with half a season left, I've chosen the laugh at it choice. Because otherwise it'd be another six months of misery.

Yep gallows humour. Something us brummies are supposed to be good at

Gallows humour should at least be funny though! If you're going to do it do it right ;)

• Like 3

have to say even though he has failed to win any games he is at least trying to address the problems we have. One he got aly back instead of wasting money on a past it left back like Ashley cole using any money we would have spent on more vital positions. Next gabby nzogbia both have been hopeless and finally someone has the balls to tell gabby he has been crap for too long and doesn't justify the high wage.

terminating the pointless signing of illori as well to free up another loan is also a good move. I think remi has made a few questionable tactical decisions but I really do think he is being let down by some spineless losers in the playing squad who really can't be asked for a relegation fight. There are a few individuals who are trying so can't tarnish them all with same brush. However the majority of them are a disgrace to the shirt and should take a look at the likes of the mellbergs, the Taylor's, the laursens, and the dublins who loved the club and gave their all for the club in the premier league era. Those individuals probably look at our current crop and think what an embarrassment to this great club. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Next gabby nzogbia both have been hopeless and finally someone has the balls to tell gabby he has been crap for too long and doesn't justify the high wage.

Nzogbia only has 1 year left and the club were already looking at letting him go and I think Gabby going even though he has been poor is more down to the fact he does not have a relegation wage reduction clause in his contract and the club are now shit scared of paying nearly 70k per week in the championship. The Gabby situation is very similar to when SHA got stuck with Zigic. We will not be coming back next season so 2/3 years of paying him that much in the Championship is probably giving Lerner nightmares!

Edited by KHV

5 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Garde and Fox both are being quoted tonight as saying that Garde will be in charge next season no matter what. So for all you Garde haters out there, you may as well get with the programme and support your manager! 

Great lets hope he is more successful in the championship then. The program has been soooooooo successful so far I can't wait!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Calm down IMO he wasn't the right man for the job and still hasn't shown me anything so far to change my mind.

No I don't want him sacked that would now be pointless (no pun intended)

I want an owner who wants to own the club and be 100% committed , and most importantly a board who understand how to run a football club and make the correct appointments and sound footballing decisions!

it would also be nice to win a game!! 

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

Garde and Fox both are being quoted tonight as saying that Garde will be in charge next season no matter what. So for all you Garde haters out there, you may as well get with the programme and support your manager! 

Ridiculous if they've said that, utterly moronic if Fox means it.

I'm one of those who thinks there are decent improvements slowly under Garde, and remain hopeful he can get us playing well if nothing else.

But he surely will have had to show we win games with him in order to stay on next year ?

For example, if we finish almost anywhere below, say 28 points ( and I'd say that's being kind to him) surely we wouldn't stick with him. Sorry Tom, I like to see the bright side but for you to commit now to an unproven Manager shows you just aren't learning !

So his plan to help us immediately start picking up the points we need to stay up is to bring in some guys who don't know the premier league and will need time to adapt. (Apart from the Special One Remy).

Now I really am beginning to believe his instructions from Lerner and/or Fox are to let us go down.

Speaking of which, what is the issue with foreign players?

Don't know.

As you would see if you actually read my post, I didn't mention foreign players. [emoji4]

Fox also gave his full backing to both Lambert and Sherwood before brutally sacking them, IIRC.

Lescott, Richards and Richardson are from this league and are all a travesty. It's not where you come from, this is not 1990. This is 2016, you have no guarantees with signings no matter where they come from. You are not even close to guaranteed picking up points if you sign players from this country alone. Personally I'm still surprised people think we will survive but that's up to them. 

Â