New manager

KJT123

So apparently Lerner decided to pick Richardson over Amavi on Saturday. Ok Stan

wasn't Richarson our best player against Chelsea 7days previous

no. I remember him giving the ball away needlessly which almost led to him giving away a penalty 

You must've been pretty focused on Richardson, then :o

Not really it was one of the first highlights which came up on motd. By Richardson's standards he had an ok game against Chelsea. He then cost us the game against Swansea 

Off-topic but their winning goal was much more down to Gana (also a judgement based on MOTD). 

He had rrun his balls off as the only recognised midfielder in the team, he should have more help in the last 20 minutes but then we all know our ex-manager never got the substitutions right.

II would be suprised if Garde is just going to walk away at the first sign off a hitch, te club may be looking at their alternatives though.

Just nevr ever go to Poyet

• Like 1

The Guardian

Aston Villa's move for Remi Garde under threat

Garde has held talks with Villa and wants to appoint his own backroom staff, but his favoured personnel are struggling to leave their current positions

Aston Villa’s bid to appoint Remi Garde is under threat after hitting a stumbling block over backroom staff.

Garde has held further talks with Villa today and is keen to bring his former assistants Gerald Baticle and Robert Duverne with him to the Midlands.

Baticle and Duverne both worked with Garde at Lyon and are seen as priority appointments if the Frenchman is to take the position at the Premier League’s bottom club.

But Lyon are refusing to allow Baticle to leave while Duverne, who now works at Metz, is also understood to be struggling to agree his exit.

Garde is Villa’s preferred candidate to replace Tim Sherwood, who was sacked on Sunday, but sources in France claim the deal is now hanging in the balance.

Villa could now pursue other targets as they attempt to make an appointment before next Monday’s trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

Kevin MacDonald will take the team for the Capital One Cup tie at Southampton on Wednesday night.

Robert Duverne was a coach at Villa under Houllier and was supposedly at the centre of the row involving Dunne and Collins.  

I knew I recognised his name!

It's almost laughable watching Lerner and his team of cronies bumbling around trying to avoid relegation in this the most important year for it.

In what way are they bumbling around? They sacked the manager Sunday. It's now Tuesday.

We said this about a lot of the signings in the summer, it seemed to me that as soon as the knowledge became public it was only a matter of days before they signed, Adebayor being the obvious exception, because Adebayor. We nailed the rest.

I have faith in them to get their man quickly and with minimal fuss, it's an odd feeling.

• Like 2

It's almost laughable watching Lerner and his team of cronies bumbling around trying to avoid relegation in this the most important year for it.

In what way are they bumbling around? They sacked the manager Sunday. It's now Tuesday.

We said this about a lot of the signings in the summer, it seemed to me that as soon as the knowledge became public it was only a matter of days before they signed, Adebayor being the obvious exception, because Adebayor. We nailed the rest.

I have faith in them to get their man quickly and with minimal fuss, it's an odd feeling.

For some reason I don't get notifications when you quote me. Weird.

I wasn't actually referring to this appointment necessarily, it was more of a comment on the Lerner era as a whole. It was almost inevitable that we'd be in our most desperate situation in the most important year to stay up.

Sorry, how are you watching this?

In what way are they bumbling around?

How is holding "advanced talks" with their, presumably, number 1 choice of manager mere hours after the previous one had been sacked "bumbling around"?

Very strange post.

• Like 1

Sorry, how are you watching this?

In what way are they bumbling around?

How is holding "advanced talks" with their, presumably, number 1 choice of manager mere hours after the previous one had been sacked "bumbling around"?

Very strange post.

Replied above. Probably put it in the wrong thread to be fair.

For some reason I don't get notifications when you quote me. Weird.

I wasn't actually referring to this appointment necessarily, it was more of a comment on the Lerner era as a whole. It was almost inevitable that we'd be in our most desperate situation in the most important year to stay up.

The bumbling in this case is holding onto Sherwood for 2 more meaningless games - thus missing out on the man with a track record of digging teams out of relegation battles.

They also don't seem to have the nous to poach a guy from another club.

God people are more focused on stans paper column and not what he is actually saying about lerner, fox,almstradt and reilly. go on continue burying your heads in the sand

I liked his claim in his statement the other day that Almstadt "wasn't fit for purpose". Umm, how does he know this exactly? The guy was only appointed a few months ago. So no, I'll be taking his ill-informed views on the club structure with the same pinch of salt I would in regard to anything else that comes from his mouth. 

well he hasnt done very well has hw? Bottom of the league with players he had a influence with along with reilly.

Stan also said these owners should be having more people who were involved in the game at the club.  Ita true its all business men who never played the game what do they understand about football? 

So here's a thought, whilst we all muse on who it will be next, whether Garde, or someone else...

Appy Arry was in the Metro the other day saying a manager only makes at most 10% difference to the fortunes of a club and the rest is down to the quality of the players. I think he could well be right, but if he is that makes his role even more vital if the margins of influence are so small.

It also provides the likes of Sherwood and other sh*te managers with a handy get out because they can always say they weren't his players and the ones he got just weren't good enough. Fact is, we are where we are (up the creek) and we need someone with intelligence to make the best of our squad and give it a shot - a workman who likes working and won't blame his tools.

The more I think about it, Remy fits this criteria. Sure it may not work, but even if we go down, I think he could help us build something interesting. I'm all for it.

I'd say sacking 2 managers in 6 months shows a pretty high level of bumbling around.

Sherwood was with us for 8? 

No-one knows what is happening in the "advanced talks", it would appear Fox has moved quickly to get who he wanted though, 48 hours isn't a long time, almost not long enough to bumble I'd say.