Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

I hope we renew with Macron, they've improved dramatically since that awful first kit and actually make us a unique home and away kit instead of Adidas template #2 that the Sunderlands and Fulhams of this world all wear.

In an ideal world I would go with Umbro, their kits are always excellent. Their West Ham kit this season is just  lawd.png

I hope we renew with Macron, they've improved dramatically since that awful first kit and actually make us a unique home and away kit instead of Adidas template #2 that the Sunderlands and Fulhams of this world all wear.

In an ideal world I would go with Umbro, their kits are always excellent. Their West Ham kit this season is just  lawd.png

......A man, angry because somebody has just stolen his sandwich directly out of his hand moments before he could savor that sweet and tangy pickle combined with that bold, mature cheddar?

What a weird description of a kit.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 4

this again...

macron pay us to manufacture our kit, probably more than they should be considering how shit we are, as a result our kit is available on general sale from the likes of sports direct, the club get pennies from the shirt sales but us lot are about £10 better off, macron take a bit of time and effort and make us 2 bespoke kits every season, whether or not you like them is irrelevant but they do a good job, i personally think the material is better than that god awful sweat trap stuff nike had, ive had no experience of peeling macron men, the design of last seasons away kit IMO is as good as anything we've had in a long time (agree with the comment about lazio and napoli kits, shame we havent had an off the wall 3rd kit)

baggies, cardiff, boro, brentford etc pay adidas to make their kits, as a result they have exclusive sales rights over the shirts from their club shops, they get a larger margin from the sales which enables them to make a profit but thats because they can charge the fans £50-60 for the stuff, they get templates, brentfords home shirt this season is a stoke kit from 3 years ago, baggies and sunderland usually have identical kits in different colours, sunderlands away this season is a different colour of cardiffs home kit, baggies away kit this season that they all fawned over is just last years home shirt but in red

we need to follow which ever model makes us the most money, cash is king, if macron pay the bills then so be it, i struggle with the idea that people (especially adults) would shun a macron shirt but happily purchase any old shite that adidas put out because macron is a lesser brand, if gino the local kit man offered us £10m a year we should snap his hand off

You call Nikes material rubbish and say that Macron is good...I just laugh my socks off at that.

I guess you're fortunate not to have macron men peeling off the shoulder, however there are multiple reports and I have macron kits upstairs with the men peeled off.  My wife was pretty pissed off that after buying me the first one for fathers day, it was falling apart after the 2nd wash...

I have probably every nike kit they produced, every one of them is still in impeccable order...nothing peeled off, no snags or loose cotton from poor finishing.  My favorite kit they made was this one :-

aston-villa-09-10-nike-away-kit.jpg

I still wear this one regularly to this day, and it looks as good as new.  It's probably been washed in excess of 100 times, and it's immaculate...the overpriced macron shite however is long retired.

The macron peeling is not some made up myth, you can find countless other posts from users sharing the same difficulties.  If it didn't happen to you, good for you...but you're the fortunate one and it's not the norm.  With Nike, I don't recall reading any such stories of poor craftsmanship leading to peeling.

We usually take pride in buying the Villa kit, we buy them at full price on launch day...the events are good for the kids etc and it's not cheap.  As long as it's Macron, those days are gone for me....we still buy the kits for the kids and they're just naff.  The socks that came with the latest one had cotton coming away, it's just poor...really poor.

I will always don my nike kits, for the gym / playing football...just casual wear.  Whatever the occasion, I know they won't fail me...can't say the same for this inferior shite.

• Like 2

i just dont like the dry fit material, its fine for playing in but if you're wearing it to the games or to watch us in the pub i just dont find it comfortable, in my mind the nike kits were designed for this - 

Stiliyan-Petrov-001.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=

that aint from the rain...

and dont get me wrong i had no problem with nike, other than the november / december launches, i think they did a decent job for us and to be fair to them treated us probably better than we deserved, the only template i can think of is the one we shared with porto

Got a feeling we'll end up with New Balance for our next manufacturer. I think they've made some decent kits this season, so I'd be happy enough with that. As long as it's got a claret body, and blue sleeves, I don't think you can fall off.

That's cool, I guess the type of material is always going to be down to preference...as long as it's not falling apart that'st he main thing.  I do really like the dry fit stuff, and to be fair I do wear kits more for sporting activities than anything else so that could be it.

I laugh, because I'm not all that bothered about what I wear...and I even have hummell kits that are still in good nick.  But whoever the manufacturer, they're not cheap to buy on launch day...my wife made a point to go get me the first macron kit on the fathers day kit launch.  It's now a peeled and bobbled collar of it's former self, not good.

I dont mind Macron, made some decent jerseys and get a bad rep on here as they arent a big brand.

Nike treated us like shit and Adidas are just templates unless your Bayern Munich or another big team

Tbf, the first Macron kit was a joke, there were loads of people who experienced the sponsor/Macron men peeling off.Mine were coming off within a couple of months even though it was washed at the recommended temperature, and by that point the girls at the VP shop were so used to it they exchanged it without question.

I think it's been better in the following seasons, though.

I bought the first year Macron top during Villa's preseason tour in the states, and have had no peeling issues, no snags, no issues whatsoever. Also bought a long sleeve glow in the dark from that year that's held up in a similar fashion. 

Then again, I always wash my shirts in cold water and air dry them. 

I've heard who it is from somebody who should know, but I'm a little bitch so I won't say who for fear of the repercussions. :lol: They currently manufacture kits for a London team.

A London team in the Premier League? I'm assuming by manufacture and not supply that was already implied.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â