Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Look man, I'm very very busy. I don't have time to be thinking about the things I post alright? I just post them. And if you're going to go around contradicting my stupid posts, then I guess that's your prerogative, but know this - this is the last time I'll ever reply to someone calling me out on my ignorance. So next time you, or anyone else realise I'm totally wrong about something, just STFU alright, and let me go on posting any old bollocks. Don't try and change me. 

Well now I just feel bad.

I have re-read Richard's post and I think I may have got the wrong idea myself. I am not sure whether he was suggesting £5m now and a 6 month deal or £5m on the basis of Austin signing for us in the summer.

Come to think of it, this is all Richard's fault.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well now I just feel bad.

I have re-read Richard's post and I think I may have got the wrong idea myself. I am not sure whether he was suggesting £5m now and a 6 month deal or £5m on the basis of Austin signing for us in the summer.

Come to think of it, this is all Richard's fault.

Dont go blaming me for your spat,  I've caused enough trouble the last couple of days I dont need anymore! 

We basically paid Manure 3M for a 12 month loan for a player that played 3 months of that time anyway.  So we'd be giving them a player (say Gabby) and paying them 5M for a 6 month loan.  We could negotiate a further 3M if we stay up and he stays with us but at this point its 5M for 6 months.  Not saying this is the deal or even if there is a deal just suggesting this is the type of deal we may have to strike in our circumstances.  

We benefit as we get a good player in a position we need

Austin benefits as he ,  worst case ,  gets a pay rise and 6 months in the shop window. Best case legendary status should help keep us up and he's back in the prem. Plus a chance for euro 2016

QPR benefit as they get money for a player they may get nothing for in the summer plus a player with premier experience who could help them get to the play offs

Seems a no brainer for me 

the right player yes. these two were obviously at the time not the right players

So we pay £5m for effectively a 6 month loan?

I'd say the thinking is that it could be worth £100m or so to us if we stay up.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

You're already worrying about next January?

Hahaha no, not really - that's what I was asking - if this is something we should be thinking about in the back of our heads.

Lots of games in the Championship, and we are going to need to be at our very, very best. Could do without half our players missing.

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

So is this something we should be worried about? How many of our players are we likely to be without?

Gueye, Gana and potentially Sane?

Next January could be a whole lot different...

...but also Gestede (lol) and possibly Traore?  

1 hour ago, Richard said:

So we'd be giving them a player (say Gabby) and paying them 5M for a 6 month loan.  

I've found a flaw in your plan. Even Fernandes isn't this silly ;)