Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I am not British, nor live in the UK, but I genuinely don't understand this "work permit" bollox. I think you should be able to sign a player from the 3rd tier of the Congo league if you wanted to! Seems refugees have an easy time getting in there? Remi must be frustrated as hell. I fail to see how a top class player (Kalinic) fails to get a work permit.

I am not British, nor live in the UK, but I genuinely don't understand this "work permit" bollox. I think you should be able to sign a player from the 3rd tier of the Congo league if you wanted to! Seems refugees have an easy time getting in there? Remi must be frustrated as hell. I fail to see how a top class player (Kalinic) fails to get a work permit.

Without trying to make the point politically, refugees don't have an easy time getting to the UK, you may be thinking of legal migrants such as workers from other parts of the EU, international students etc

The end result is that the UKBA (and Home Office) can do what they like (and usually do). They are the worst run government department I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with and I've lived in 3 countries.

• Like 1

Maybe this Kalinic bid was always a non starter? It was the boards way of saying "look we tried to sign players"

Remember Dempsey we bid for him and there was no chance of that happening. But it was a way of the board saying look we do have funds but the player did not want to come.

So now we have 1 day left (Monday) to sign players. The board have got to get the head out of Randys ass and get some players in, because next season is going to be tough and if this is the boards new philosophy then us as fans may as well start our own bloody club because there is only one way this is going to end!

3 minutes ago, AndyC said:

lock the thread and forget about any transfers happening

Agree these clowns are liars dont believe a word they are saying. Never an intention to spend money. When it comes yo season ticket renewal i think they are in for a awful shock 

This confirms it then. They have no interest in seeing us stay up and are content with us going down. 

I hope when Randy does leave that a situation has occurred that means he had lost every penny he has. The less said about Fox the better.

Despicable. Stick up for him however you want, Lerner is the man who relegated our club from the PL without trying to save us. 

I'm never going to a game again while he is here, no more shirts either. I was going to go next year too due to the lure of actually winning games and scoring goals but no, Lerner is getting nothing from me.

Not even free transfers or loans, christ.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree these clowns are liars dont believe a word they are saying. Never an intention to spend money. When it comes yo season ticket renewal i think they are in for a awful shock 

I gave my ST up 3 years ago. My son is 6, he wanted to support Chelsea like his school buddies but i convinced him to support villa. He's now asking me weekly if we can go! How can I take him to this shit for his first season?

If Randy truly wanted to save us he would of paid out, everybody has a price.

Earlier in the week I thought they couldn't be so stupid as to not buy a striker, and get him ready for next season.

With Gabby being recalled - I suspect they really are that stupid. Stupid to think that they don't need to get someone in to score goals, and stupid enough to think that Gabby, who is the very opposite of prolific, is the answer. 

I await the phrase "It's like a new signing" when he returns.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I gave my ST up 3 years ago. My son is 6, he wanted to support Chelsea like his school buddies but i convinced him to support villa. He's now asking me weekly if we can go! How can I take him to this shit for his first season?

It's character building, helps teach him about rejection and despair at a young age.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

If this is what it's like now - I can't imagine how bad it's going to be like in the summer.

It will be a lot better in the summer, it will be much easier to sign players in the next window

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Would everyone agree that last summer was one of the best for signing players and the optimism that it bought?

Everyone was jizzing their pants because we had signed so many players and spent a load of money.

If you're not buying players that are better than we already have then that's where the problem lies.

In hindsight, of the 13 signed i would say ayew/veretoout/amavi were capable of getting in last years team.

So really, we only made 3 decent signings in the summer. 

We are now bottom of the league by some distance. How much more difficult do you think it is to get decent players in???

Just 'getting some players in' is exactly what got us into this mess. Despite all the conspiracy theorists on here I think remi is being backed for whatever he wants....and he wants the right players.  We will probably will have to wait until the last day of the window, thats if we manage to somehow persuade good enough players to come.

• Like 1