Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

SOME NEWS! !!

Gabriel Agbonlahor is close to joining Turkish club Kayserispori

Daily mail.

Sorry can't seem to do a link.

Will the last player to leave Villa park please turn the lights off because Randy does not want a big electric bill......

Yeah so another player is close to the exit! What about inbound players? Looks like the new chairman WAS bought in to start the cost cutting ready for the Championship. The idiot is soon going to realise come the end of the season when the rest of the players want to leave coming back up won't be easy unless we spend.

He is very ill informed of how tough the Championship is if he thinks we can come back up by not spending and relying on our academy.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Let's hope Kayserispor can give us a transfer fee and pay all his wages. Seems too good to be true.

12th of 18 in their league so I would not expect they would pay much of a fee if any or much of his wages. I'm also at a bit of a loss to see what would be in this for Gabby so I am not sure he would be jumping at the chance to move as much as our club are jumping at the opportunity to move players out in this window. . 

5 hours ago, villafan306 said:

Unless that's the plan.

Scout dreadful players and get other people to waste money on them, making them worse teams in the process!

you give our board way too much credit ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The four teams above us have all made at least one signing (some teams more than one) and Swansea are about to spend £8m on a striker apparently.

4 teams above us have spent nearly a 100million so far

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

4 teams above us have spent nearly a 100million so far

well were not going down by ourselves. A few of those will be regretting that amount. 

Disappointing we havent brought in a few on loan at least. A striker in the last few games would have got us wins. 

• Like 2

Just now, KSV said:

well were not going down by ourselves. A few of those will be regretting that amount. 

Disappointing we havent brought in a few on loan at least. A striker in the last few games would have got us wins. 

true but its not for the want of trying which is the problem. We dont even have to spend a quarter of what Newcastle have but at least give the manager and fans a brief bit of hope

14 minutes ago, KSV said:

Or they will be stronger and thus stand a better chance of coming back up. As we are the only ones doing absolutely nothing its difficult to believe that we are taking the correct approach, its not exactly catching on. 

Suggesting that others will regret their efforts to strengthen their squads is quite frankly something I'd expect from our board. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Or they will be stronger and thus stand a better chance of coming back up. As we are the only ones doing absolutely nothing its difficult to believe that we are taking the correct approach, its not exactly catching on. 

Suggesting that others will regret their efforts to strengthen their squads is quite frankly something I'd expect from our board. 

Judging how well teams go in the championship by what they sign in the PL is not really possible. But of course with your crystal ball and possibly being the oracle knowing that we are doing nothing right now maybe you are right? 

5 hours ago, Banger75 said:

Judging how well teams go in the championship by what they sign in the PL is not really possible. But of course with your crystal ball and possibly being the oracle knowing that we are doing nothing right now maybe you are right? 

I haven't got a crystal ball sadly. However, I've considered the following.

*  Aggresive cost cutting over the last 5yrs 

* Our owner going AWOL

* Our new Chairmans ramblings that spending won't improve things.

* The fact that every other team In the bottom 5 aren't having any trouble at all signing players, (an excuse used by some)

Now, even having to make do with hairy balls, I can confidently predict that those teams are working harder to stay in the league than we are. I would also wager that if we do sign anyone our spend will be far less than anyone around us (But don't worry, Hollis has told us that doesn't matter)

Our owner doesn't care and our board are clueless, I don't need to be an oracle to realise the prats have given up. 

Edited by av1

In our position. We are suffering in terms of strikers. 

We mainly need a striker. Then a keeper "which we were working at".

A right back might be needed.

We wont need to work too hard to have an inmprovement to get a winger.

However for the way we are playing I think a good striker would be what we need. Debuchy would be a good shout. Then if we could find an improvement on Gil and Grealish "Kharzi" then fine.

I dont think there are a lot of options out there. Players wont risk their self for us easily. Ofcourse loans are another case. Im not sure why its not being finalized.

We are really crying for a striker. I still think the board are trying as Garde himself said its difficult because of players themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, av1 said:

every other team In the bottom 5 aren't having any trouble at all signing players, (an excuse used by some)

those teams are working harder to stay in the league than we are. I would also wager that if we do sign anyone our spend will be far less than anyone around us

Our owner doesn't care and our board are clueless, I don't need to be an oracle to realise the prats have given up. 

It will be an utter disgrace if these charlatans do not sign a forward in the next few days.  There's a chance things are happening behind the scenes, but hope is fading. I feel so f**king annoyed at how they appear to have just given up. Gutless idiots once again doing everything they can to secure our demise.

Ray Parlour on Talk Sport this morning - apparently Debuchy is to choose between us and Sunderland.   Brazil asked Parlour which he should choose - Parlour said "I suppose Sunderland as they have a far better chance of getting out of it than Villa" - well WTF difference does that make if it is only to be short-term loan to the end of the season ???

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How did we get into a mess when we're 6 points adrift of Sunderland. They are woeful. Possibly the worst squad since that infamous Derby one and all of those weird Wigan ones that somehow used to survive.

Yet we are still 6 points adrift of them and bottom of the league:rolleyes: