Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Agree we should be looking at Maddison, cracking player by all accounts. Disagree though with your statement about buying the best local talent, why limit ourselves to local talent. Surely we should buy the best talent available wherever they may be from. 

We shouldn't limit ourselves, they aren't mutually exclusive. But as the biggest club in the region we really should be on top of Midlands from a scouting perspective, and I know for a fact that we aren't, and haven't been for a very long time. 

Yep completely agree, I know they picked him up at 11 but I'm surprised more isn't made out of berahino slipping through the net

Aston manor must be the closest school to the ground

3 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

this must be the most depressing window ive ever experienced

I think the January window in2013 when our signing were sylla and Dawkins, or the year after where the answer to our problems was considered to be grant holt were more depressing than this. At least I can understand why were struggling to attract players right now

6 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

this must be the most depressing window ive ever experienced. something HAS to happen, right?!

It's the best window we have had in ages, we have not signed anyone  :flag:

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep completely agree, I know they picked him up at 11 but I'm surprised more isn't made out of berahino slipping through the net

Also likes of Kemar Roofe (born in Walsall) Rico Henry and Adil Nabi were both born in Birmingham as well.

Calum Wilson could have been spotted as he grew up in Coventry as well.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Also likes of Rico Henry, Kemar Roofe and Adil Nabi was all born in Birmingham as well.

True - although you can never have all the best talent from the local area (even Southampton don't manage that) we could do better. 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

True - although you can never have all the best talent from the local area (even Southampton don't manage that) we could do better. 

Yep, we are not going to get them all as you say from local area.. But should improve for the future in headhunting more talent.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

She's gone lads, and nothing is bringing her back. When she left for the deluded, arrogant prick up the road with the famous dad she was after the finer things in life. I know he doesn't appreciate her or treat her right, and as much as she might still have feelings for you, what she really wants in a man is the holidays to Europe and fancy jewellery. And if she really wanted a brief fling, there would be lots of guys lining up to spend some time with her who wouldn't open up old wounds.

You've been stung before, just let her go:(

Yeh let her go... the slut! She's ugly as **** anyway, and has big hands!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did he go to Aston Manor? I went there many years before him though. Tony Dorigo went there too (showing my age now) :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

this must be the most depressing window ive ever experienced. something HAS to happen, right?!

It's pretty quiet for all teams, not just Villa. I count maybe ten transfers of note in the entire league and nothing bigger then Shelvey at £12m.

Maybe it will all kick off final day but I'm not holding much hope.

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How positive are we that we are not getting the best potential kids and just not developing them properly to meet their potential? We have had several hyped youngsters who haven't gone on to meet the hype and we supposedly have some good kids in the academy now (Andre Green, Easah Suliman etc.)

Remy and Benteke on loan??.............stop it.

Joking apart, Ben Yidder would be a good signing.

IF we did go down, then i think signings like Roofe and Bamford would be good long term signings.Not sure many of our current squad would attract many bids from more attractive clubs than Villa tbh.

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

There are two chances of Benteke returning to Villa-Fat chance and no chance.

You are just building yourself up for a fall if you think anything else.

YES !!!!    So you agree you think there's a chance !!   :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomaspg said:

If the club's board wanted to try and stay in the premier league or hell even keep Garde around then obviously they would spend big this window. 

The fact that they haven't tells you all you need to know about their plans.

So far anyway. about a week left....

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The problem with spending big is that if we went down we'd be absolutely **** so they aren't going to risk it

We needed this form over the Christmas games to give us a chance

How much is big that we'd be absolutely **** ?