Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Someone probably said this but Liverpool are only 6 months into their payment for Benteke.   We could write off the rest of the Money and have him back

No we couldn't. 1. He would have to want to come back 2. His current wages would be miles above our normal wages and we couldn't afford them.3. The money liverpool still owe us probably corresponds to the money we still owe the clubs we bought our new players off in the summer.  

Edited by villa89

She's gone lads, and nothing is bringing her back. When she left for the deluded, arrogant prick up the road with the famous dad she was after the finer things in life. I know he doesn't appreciate her or treat her right, and as much as she might still have feelings for you, what she really wants in a man is the holidays to Europe and fancy jewellery. And if she really wanted a brief fling, there would be lots of guys lining up to spend some time with her who wouldn't open up old wounds.

You've been stung before, just let her go[emoji20]

Except she knows we know just how to open her wound.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

She's gone lads, and nothing is bringing her back. When she left for the deluded, arrogant prick up the road with the famous dad she was after the finer things in life. I know he doesn't appreciate her or treat her right, and as much as she might still have feelings for you, what she really wants in a man is the holidays to Europe and fancy jewellery. And if she really wanted a brief fling, there would be lots of guys lining up to spend some time with her who wouldn't open up old wounds.

You've been stung before, just let her go:(

We are the equivilent of a lad whos gone to pot!

Hit the bottle and never changes out of his pants and slippers!

We're in a desperate situation though, If there's a chance to bring Benteke back until the end of the season we definitely should do it.

I think it's more the chance part of it that bothers people, there's none so it's not worth discussing

Liverpool loaning him without a replacement would be madness, benteke coming back would be him admitting he's made a mistake, which would be seen as him not being good enough which he's never going to do

I am guilty of being down on the club at times. I am aware I am a 'glass half empty'.

But even I do not believe that they will not sign a striker in the next week. I know we've failed to operate like a proper football club over the past few years - but to not sign a striker - well it wouldn't be giving in. It'd just be ridiculously foolish. Should they fail to do so, already relegated and no one to score goals - then they can't really expect much above 30,000 in attendance figures for the rest of the season I'd say.

Edited by Pilchard

Reckons we have made an enquiry for Wissam Ben Yedder

http://readastonvilla.com/2016/01/25/villa-showed-interest-ben-yedder/

Aston Villa made an enquiry this window over the possible transfer of Toulouse forward, Wissam Ben Yedder.

The Guardian report how The Villans joined Premier League rivals, Crystal Palace and West Ham in the chase for Ben Yedder, who has found the net seven times in 17 appearances so far this season in the French Ligue 1.

Ben Yedder revealed in a Tweet his intentions though to help Toulouse fight against relegation from the French top division, earlier last week.

The 25-year old has spent most of his career at Toulouse bar one campaign. During his time at the French side, he has amassed an impressive 58 goals in 138 appearances with the striker consistently featuring at the top end of the Ligue 1 goal charts.

It’ll come as a disappointment to Villa fans who are desperate for a striker that he has opted to remain in France.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think we should look to sign the best local talent. James Maddison of Coventry looks a real talent for me and really should be on our radar. 

Agree we should be looking at Maddison, cracking player by all accounts. Disagree though with your statement about buying the best local talent, why limit ourselves to local talent. Surely we should buy the best talent available wherever they may be from. 

36 minutes ago, useless said:

We're in a desperate situation though, If there's a chance to bring Benteke back until the end of the season we definitely should do it.

There are two chances of Benteke returning to Villa-Fat chance and no chance.

You are just building yourself up for a fall if you think anything else.

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agree we should be looking at Maddison, cracking player by all accounts. Disagree though with your statement about buying the best local talent, why limit ourselves to local talent. Surely we should buy the best talent available wherever they may be from. 

We shouldn't limit ourselves, they aren't mutually exclusive. But as the biggest club in the region we really should be on top of Midlands from a scouting perspective, and I know for a fact that we aren't, and haven't been for a very long time. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Of course we would do it if there was a chance, even a slim chance. There is no chance. Even if they would allow him to go on loan he would go to a team that wasn't certain to go down IMO. Doubt he has any sentimentality for Aston Villa.