The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

This latest birthday party thing might actually work in his favour annoyingly. I've seen more than one "Prime Ministers don't resign over things as small as birthday parties" comment being bandied about. Concerned that it's all starting to slowly get forgotten about, like all his other bad behaviour, and we'll just end up moving on until the next calamity he foists onto us.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah Nadine certainly going for the Gold arselickers medal

As others have pointed out, it is defintely not a work event when you wife and interior designer are in attendance

Can’t believe people thought a collection of friends in a room celebrating a birthday, eating cake, having a drink and singing was a party. It’s clearly a business meeting. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah Nadine certainly going for the Gold arselickers medal

As others have pointed out, it is defintely not a work event when you wife and interior designer are in attendance

I do like how they've got the minor character from a different scandal to make a cameo appearance in this scandal. 

Gives the story you're telling a bit more depth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

This latest birthday party thing might actually work in his favour annoyingly. I've seen more than one "Prime Ministers don't resign over things as small as birthday parties" comment being bandied about. Concerned that it's all starting to slowly get forgotten about, like all his other bad behaviour, and we'll just end up moving on until the next calamity he foists onto us.

There is a slight chance you could be right if things were going well elsewhere but the opposite is true. In the last two days alone a Tory minister has quit over 4.3 billion pound covid fraud write off and an ex Tory minister has claimed she was sacked due to her muslimness. Then you add in people really feeling it in the pocket with energy and food prices shooting up, waiting times in NHS through the roof, social care crisis, housing crisis..... He is presiding over a shit show whichever angle you look from.

He is toast. He will drag this out for a while longer but it is just a matter of time and he will go down as the worst PM ever which is saying something given some of the Tory PM's who have gone before him.

Edited by markavfc40

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is a slight chance you could be right if things were going well elsewhere but the opposite is true. In the last two days alone a Tory minister has quit over 4.3 billion pound covid fraud right off and an ex Tory minister has claimed she was sacked due to her muslimness. Then you add in people really feeling it in the pocket with energy and food prices shooting up, waiting times in NHS through the roof, social care crisis, housing crisis..... He is presiding over a shit show whichever angle you look from.

He is toast. He will drag this out for a while longer but it is just a matter of time and he will go down as the worst PM ever which is saying something given some of the Tory PM's who have gone before him.

I hope you're right.

I’m enjoying that he lacks the self awareness, the grace, or the common sense to do the decent thing.

I’m enjoying the idiots like Dorries and Fabrictwunt trying to rally round and show loyalty.

I’m just enjoying it to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m enjoying that he lacks the self awareness, the grace, or the common sense to do the decent thing.

I’m enjoying the idiots like Dorries and Fabrictwunt trying to rally round and show loyalty.

I’m just enjoying it to be honest.

It’s definitely an interesting time. It’s kind of how I feel playing a new Xbox game. 
Part of me wants to finish the main story as quick as possible, but then I’m a bit sad it’s over and wish it went on for a bit longer.

• Like 1

I want him to survive this, but just, by a hair’s breadth.

Then for something new to come out in about a month.

Hopefully, a failed vote of no confidence. Then, some sort of rightist or centrist split away party of 4 or 5 MP’s.

Then, fingers crossed, he accidentally injurs a puppy, live, on The One Show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I want him to survive this, but just, by a hair’s breadth.

Then for something new to come out in about a month.

Hopefully, a failed vote of no confidence. Then, some sort of rightist or centrist split away party of 4 or 5 MP’s.

Then, fingers crossed, he accidentally injurs a puppy, live, on The One Show.

I can get behind this. I want him to lumber from yet another **** up to ever increasing **** ups. Ending with as you suggest, the puppy. 

• Like 3

Â