The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Even if they wanted to let everyone in, the accommodation is then an issue.

Do government not give a shit, or just have no ability/experience/imagination/basic business sense to play out ‘what if’ scenarios?

Is it too much to ask that they sit in a room for an hour and game out all the scenarios?

Too busy making each other Lords and taking on juicy consultancy roles.

In fact, I’m going to make a crazy blue sky thinking call here. I reckon, in a few days time, on return from his hollybobs, we’ll have some favoured newspaper telling us Johnson is going to personally take charge of the situation! Followed by nothing much happening and then a few pictures of the baby christening with the name redacted.

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Do government not give a shit, or just have no ability/experience/imagination/basic business sense to play out ‘what if’ scenarios?

Is it too much to ask that they sit in a room for an hour and game out all the scenarios?

In fact, I’m going to make a crazy blue sky thinking call here. I reckon, in a few days time, on return from his hollybobs, we’ll have some favoured newspaper telling us Johnson is going to personally take charge of the situation! Followed by nothing much happening and then a few pictures of the baby christening with the name redacted.

The name is definitely Dominic or Dominica......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve seen this one before.

The tories will suggest that the students sleep in tents for 3 years. Then there will a load of uproar and anger. Then someone outside of the government will come up with a scheme that could get them all housed safely, then the government will say ok, let’s do that. Job done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

As posts go, this one is pathetically shit. It offers nothing, zero, zilch, nowt, nada

More I'm right you're wrong buffoonery without actually saying why.

It seems like you have a hunch and you're sticking with it because... well only you'd know that

I mean this is the Tory Party that CUT 21,000 POLICE POSTS and that is something you appear to care deeply about

Ever thought it's you that just might be wrong?

Keep staring into the blue abyss and seeing no reflection

WALOOB

Sorry gentlemen,

but 'engagement' with you only brings out the 'keyboard warrior' in some. Your abusive comments do not bother me in the slightest but denigrate this forum.

I will continue to post comments that are designed to promote sensible debate amongst the more level headed members.

Thank you all the 'good guys' who have sent personal messages of support. Frankly these should be unnecessary.

Regards,

UTV.

VLD.

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen this one before.

The tories will suggest that the students sleep in tents for 3 years. Then there will a load of uproar and anger. Then someone outside of the government will come up with a scheme that could get them all housed safely, then the government will say ok, let’s do that. Job done.

....all those empty office blocks...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

....all those empty office blocks...

In Liverpool that would actually be... all that empty Student Accommodation. There is f***tons of the stuff in the city centre alone. I just went into my work street directory and counted 80 such blocks in the city centre and its immediate surrounds alone. And I know for a fact that there are a significant number missing from that list as it doesn't have anything run by one company who run about ten blocks themselves and a few others are also obviously missing. Some of these individual blocks can accommodate over a thousand kids at a time

If Liverpool is typical of a University city, there will be thousands upon thousands of unlet rooms in purpose built student rabbit hutch blocks every year.

Normally the stuff is a con. They are built with investors money a bit like a condo in the states. You buy a room (or many rooms in the case of investment companies / pension funds) for which you will receive a guaranteed return for three years but no guarantees after that period. Many people have sunk their savings into these but they can't rent them out independently of the people that run the sites. If your room isn't rented out by September, then your investment is essentially shagged for a year.

This year some people might actually get a return on their investment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham t said:

I will continue to post comments that are designed to promote sensible debate amongst the more level headed members.

11 hours ago, Graham t said:

Blimey, you are a sad and bitter lot on here aren't you. Just take a look back at your posts.....the same individuals 

Maybe 'they' are right and you are wrong?

Keep smiling,

VLD.

Case closed your honour.

• Like 1

Congratulation to my local tory MP, in these straightened times he’s been successful landing a second job as a £200 an hour consultant for a PPE company.

If anyone deserved a bit of a financial boost it was Cairns.

• Confused 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Congratulation to my local tory MP, in these straightened times he’s been successful landing a second job as a £200 an hour consultant for a PPE company.

If anyone deserved a bit of a financial boost it was Cairns.

Maybe they have serious HR issues that need sweeping under the carpet?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

EfsXdDOXYAoeCkR?format=jpg&name=large

Undue power in the hands of unaccountable human rights lawyers. Call in the armed forces to act before they reach our waters.

Someone’s been on the sugary drinks all day.

'Do not have our country's best interests at heart' 😬

Â