The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 hours ago, blandy said:

It's called internet shopping isn't it? Get one's butler to connect to the information super-highway and navigate to waitrose.com (or whatever) and order your usual free range kitten liver tarquins, roast unicorn ready meals and Chateau de Angels tears, rather than sending some flu infested domestic staff to fetch them in person. Tories are right on top of it all, I'm sure. Splendid types.

What poppycock

Everyone knows you pan fry the unicorn.

They are tapping in to a rich rich seam of pure moron.

Do nothing, do nothing, cut, cut, cut, let the insurers off the hook.

Then when it floods, leave it a week or so, turn up for 15 minutes with the new catchphrase ‘get Bewdley done’, locals love it.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dorries drama aside, what about this then?

I'll take 'jokes that write themselves' for 10 Alec

Remarkable. He must have a never ending supply of Kompromat on everyone.

What about that Russia report now?

Pretty clever budget. Throw money around in such a profligate way that it makes Corbyn look like Hetty Green, then in eight months just turn around and say "well of course we would have done all those things but Covid-19 stopped us from being able to"

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Listening to Sunak speak, he sounds so much Blair in term of accent and pitch IMO

I listened to the first 20 / 30 minutes live and I thought he sounded like a man that knew how to give a speech and sound believable and competent. 

No idea if he is, but he’s got that thing.

No 10 set to announce feasibility study into bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland, says minister

Alistair Jack, the Scottish secretary, told BBC Radio Scotland this morning that Boris Johnson will soon announce a feasiblity study into plans for bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland. In an interview this morning, asked why there was no money for the plan in the budget, he replied: “Watch this space.” He went on:

The prime minister I expect will announce a feasibility study into the link to Northern Ireland, I hope the Scottish government will back it.

Johnson has a fondness for extravagant infrastructure schemes and he has repeatedly expressed interest in a bridge linking Scotland and Northern Ireland, despite experts dismissing the idea as impractical. Jack has suggested that the scheme could involve a combination of tunnel and bridge.

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Distraction, they have absolutely no intention of doing this, if they do, they are insane. Beaufort's Dyke (a 300m deep Sea Trench) is full of dumped WWII munitions

Â