The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If only she'd voted Labour  , Corbyn would have stood there like King Cnut  and turned back the floodwaters  :)

Or he might have reinstated the flood strategy washed away by Tory austerity? :)

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I take your point, but an independent review into the government's response is hardly a bad thing is it?

And also the sort of thing that a Government with an 80 seat majority would be daft to agree to.

5 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I’m sorry but this type of wording in a motion fully deserves to be defeated! 
What next, the motion “against executing fluffy puppies and for renationalising the railways”? 

Exasctly. Labour actually want the motion to be voted agains and defeated. Opposition parties do this all the time. What they'll do in a few years is bring it up in an election campaign "you voted against thanking the emergency services for their bravery" kind of thing, " and you opposed an investigation into....".

It's got nothing to do with actually thanking or investigating. 

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Serious question if this isn’t a joke - how do you tell?

the thick white stripe  on the red cross should be top left as you look at the flag  , if it's upside down then it will show a thinner white stripe there instead 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the clarification guys. 

Baffling that people actually get wound up by this stuff. It’s obviously a bit stupid, but also completely unimportant. I thought weird flag nationalism was unique to America.

26 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Thanks for the clarification guys. 

Baffling that people actually get wound up by this stuff. It’s obviously a bit stupid, but also completely unimportant. I thought weird flag nationalism was unique to America.

I guess it isn't that noticable in the case of the union flag but upside down / back to front flags can cause issues at other times : If you're stood on the podium at the olympics and happen to be from one of these countries it can be very easy to mess it up

Ireland & Ivory Coast

https://i.imgur.com/OzZUaQq.jpg

Indonesia & Poland (Monaco is also the same as indonesia in a slightly different shade)

25bMyFR.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I guess it isn't that noticable in the case of the union flag but upside down / back to front flags can cause issues at other times : If you're stood on the podium at the olympics and happen to be from one of these countries it can be very easy to mess it up

Ireland & Ivory Coast

https://i.imgur.com/OzZUaQq.jpg

Indonesia & Poland (Monaco is also the same as indonesia in a slightly different shade)

25bMyFR.jpg

Luxembourg and the Netherlands :

58183504-luxembourg-flag-with-netherland

Obviously I knew the thing about the union jack. We were taught it at school. Supposedly the idea was that only British people would know about it, so they could fly it as a distress symbol without the Johnny foreigner enemies realising. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

UK supermarkets have rejected claims from Health Secretary Matt Hancock that they have had discussions with the government about getting food to people who have been forced to self-isolate.

He told BBC Question Time on Thursday: "We are working with the supermarkets."

But supermarket sources said that while they have had general talks about security of food supplies, they have not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive said he was "baffled" by the suggestions.

The Prime Minister's spokesman said officials at the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) had been regularly meeting with representatives of the industry bodies, who in turn represent the country's leading supermarkets.

On Thursday, Mr Hancock told Question Time: "Crucially, we are working with the supermarkets to make sure that, if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need."

But one executive told the BBC: "Matt Hancock has totally made up what he said about working with supermarkets. We haven't heard anything from government directly."

BBC

1 minute ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

'One executive' from which organisation? He must have irons in a lot of fires if he can deduce that because he hasn't had contact with the government that Matt Hancock's claim is 'completely made up'.

"Supermarket sources"

29 minutes ago, Xann said:

if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need

It's called internet shopping isn't it? Get one's butler to connect to the information super-highway and navigate to waitrose.com (or whatever) and order your usual free range kitten liver tarquins, roast unicorn ready meals and Chateau de Angels tears, rather than sending some flu infested domestic staff to fetch them in person. Tories are right on top of it all, I'm sure. Splendid types.

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

IDS apparently leading an internal "revolt" over Huawei

Maybe getting an earful from his old army chums, and isn't he married into old money? Its not likely to hit him in the pocket, if so?

How is this conceivable?.Huawei have already been caught in the act.

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

Maybe getting an earful from his old army chums, and isn't he married into old money? Its not likely to hit him in the pocket, if so?

How is this conceivable?.Huawei have already been caught in the act.

The Opposition gave up talking about it after two days because they are too busy replacing Corbyn

IDS isn't in the section of the party that has mates on the Huawei board (I'm guessing)

When IDS is in effect "The Opposition", you know we're in shit street

4 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

'One executive' from which organisation? He must have irons in a lot of fires if he can deduce that because he hasn't had contact with the government that Matt Hancock's claim is 'completely made up'.

Hand cock has basically admitted it now. He’s not challenged the claim he was lying but has said if any supermarkets want to meet him, he’s available.

Bit weird for a tory politician to be caught needlessly lying, but I suppose it must happen sometimes.

Â