The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

This Boris Johnson bloke, the one born in the U.S..

He’s previously admitted class A drug use and couldn’t even name most of his kids.

He is a British citizen though. Think Rolf is as well. Even if he'd been convicted I don't think he'd be eligible for deportation. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He is a British citizen though. Think Rolf is as well. Even if he'd been convicted I don't think he'd be eligible for deportation. 

Typical weak remainer thinking. I’m taking back control.

I didn’t win two world wars for these sorts of degenerates to be walking the streets.

Edited by chrisp65

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still trying to figure out, in the context of these deportations, what the lessons of the 2019 election were, because the only conclusion I can draw is that he thinks the election was all about "kicking out the foreigners", but that can't be right, can it?

He is saying that ‘bleeding heart, lefty’ types who support defending these people are also typically the types of people who opposed Brexit. Cummings made a similar comment, something about rich inner city dwellers being out of touch with the mood of the country. It’s your basic culture wars.

To be fair they are probably right, I consider myself one of those bleeding heart types and am typically found living in the inner city. I used to think my progressive views were fairly mainstream but political results around the world over the last few years make me think I’m actually way out of touch with the prevailing views.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He is saying that ‘bleeding heart, lefty’ types who support defending these people are also typically the types of people who opposed Brexit. Cummings made a similar comment, something about rich inner city dwellers being out of touch with the mood of the country. It’s your basic culture wars.

To be fair they are probably right, I consider myself one of those bleeding heart types and am typically found living in the inner city. I used to think my progressive views were fairly mainstream but political results around the world over the last few years make me think I’m actually way out of touch with the prevailing views.

Just remember, it doesn’t make you wrong.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2020 at 18:32, Davkaus said:

I'm still trying to figure out, in the context of these deportations, what the lessons of the 2019 election were, because the only conclusion I can draw is that he thinks the election was all about "kicking out the foreigners", but that can't be right, can it?

Ah.

If there was a case of a young white boy with blond hair who later dabbled in class A drugs and conspired with a friend to beat up a journalist, would he deport that boy, or is it one rule for young black boys from the Caribbean and another for white boys from the United States?

Bosh.

• Like 1

Julian Smith sacked as NI Sec of State.

Grauniad:

Colum Eastwood, the SDLP leader:

It defies belief that after the successful restoration of power sharing following a three-year collapse, Julian Smith’s reward is a cabinet office P45. It tells you all you need to know about Boris Johnson’s attitude to the north that he would sack the most successful secretary of state in a decade. He is at best indifferent.

...more

Edited by snowychap
Wrong link text

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

McVey sacked. 

Putting someone whose area of business expertise is in knocking buildings down not building them as housing minister was a bit silly in the first place

That and she's an evil witch but I doubt that came into the reasoning

• Like 1

Â