The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Would she actually be mad enough to risk a "this house has full confidence in the Government" motion?

Brain instantly kicks in, yes she is that mad, she called a General Election to strengthen her hand

with the polling figures and weak opposition she would have been mad not to have called a GE 

her inability to campaign and Corbyns ability to get the gullible to believe his lies ..sorry aspirations  , meant it backfired but hindsight is a wonderful thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

with the polling figures and weak opposition she would have been mad not to have called a GE 

her inability to campaign and Corbyns ability to get the gullible to believe his lies ..sorry aspirations  , meant it backfired but hindsight is a wonderful thing

So you're saying that she doesn't realise her own limitations?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

So you're saying that she doesn't realise her own limitations?

i think her lack of wiliness to hold TV debates shows she is aware of at least some of her limitations .. but clearly she has many others that she may not acknowledge

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've had a tip off from a seemingly reliable source that the no-confidence vote has been triggered.

i red it on Sky news about 25 minutes ago , did your source deliver it to you by tortoise :)

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

i think her lack of wiliness to hold TV debates shows she is aware of at least some of her limitations .. but clearly she has many others that she may not acknowledge

I expect she knows that she'll get a call from Strictly once it's all over ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've had a tip off from a seemingly reliable source that the no-confidence vote has been triggered.

We need to be clear here. I presume you are talking about an internal Conservative Party No Confidence motion as opposed to a Confidence Motion in the Government which is what is rumoured to be happening this afternoon?

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

We need to be clear here. I presume you are talking about an internal Conservative Party No Confidence motion as opposed to a Confidence Motion in the Government which is what is rumoured to be happening this afternoon?

Yes, the former not the latter.

Why would everyone be called back to parliament for a no confidence vote in the tory leader  ? - as I understand it there is no vote as such - if they receive more than 40 odd no confidence letters - a Tory leadership ballot is triggered  - they wouldn't be that far down the line this afternoon - we don't even know who stand in such a ballot 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why would everyone be called back to parliament for a no confidence vote in the tory leader  ? - as I understand it there is no vote as such - if they receive more than 40 odd no confidence letters - a Tory leadership ballot is triggered  - they wouldn't be that far down the line this afternoon - we don't even know who stand in such a ballot 

The claim was that all the whips were called back. Probably in order to bully, I'm sorry I meant persuade, some of the waverers not to send in their letters in order for the 48 not to be arrived at.

Â