The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, bickster said:

So if the ERG force a leadership election and they lose, that means we're stuck with May unless she resigns for a least a year. Am I right?

You are indeed correct.

I still can't work out why she didn't just engineer a confidence vote via her allies three months ago, win it easily and buy herself a year.

But then it does seem that planning isn't really her strong suit.

28 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

A few letters going into the 1922 at the moment.

It seems a little ungrateful, after she was mug enough to take on a role that could only end in failure.

Who can they get to replace her?

My money's on Chuka Umunna.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Right, what can she do to survive to tomorrow? That is all she is good at.

The Monty Python Black Knight of Politics.

She is at "I'll bite your ankle" stage at the moment.

Shouting is out unfortunatley as she keeps flipping her head backwards and facing the wrong way when her chin moves.

19 minutes ago, peterms said:

It seems a little ungrateful, after she was mug enough to take on a role that could only end in failure.

Who can they get to replace her?

it wont be anyone seen putting the knife in .. hence I think it could be Gove who seems to have learnt his lesson from last time around

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

it wont be anyone seen putting the knife in .. hence I think it could be Gove who seems to have learnt his lesson from last time around

Where was he in the poll :mrgreen:

I'll help you, he was on 11% (or more realistically -39) and is the 20th most popular Conservative

I look forward to a Boris premiership, if only so that several senior tories will be appointed to the Johnson Cabinet, which is what I'm going to start calling the girlfriend's, ahem, private drawer. 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Would his colleagues really forgive his past treachery so quickly?  Even if they loathe Johnson and were happy to see him shafted, surely Gove must be seen as unworthy of trust?

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Would his colleagues really forgive his past treachery so quickly?  Even if they loathe Johnson and were happy to see him shafted, surely Gove must be seen as unworthy of trust?

It's more a case of who is stupid enough right now

There's a dearth of "talent" anyway, which is why these imbeciles have been in the limelight so long

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, peterms said:

Dunno tbh , they might view it as he did them a huge favour by taking out Boris last time around :)

He's a Brexiter who seems to have got behind May and thus might be a middle ground between the extremes of a Mogg or a Boris

I'm not seeing a huge pool of talent to pick from tbh so he stands a chance

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Where was he in the poll :mrgreen:

I'll help you, he was on 11% (or more realistically -39) and is the 20th most popular Conservative

How did Corbyn fair in those polls before he got a nomination onto the labour ballot ?

Â