The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

Are you sure?  I see a lot of people attacking them for not having stopped Brexit.

Are you sure?

I see a lot of people for attacking them for not having opposed Brexit, for not having a coherent position on it and for being, frankly, no sort of an opposition party.

Obviously this should be in the other thread so, to bring it back on topic, the Tories still hold a lead in the polls (sure, how much trust do we put in those?) even when they're this shit.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I feel really sorry for anyone who stayed up all night reading the withdrawal agreement and trying to understand it.

Given the opposition to it, I'd be surprised if they even bother getting parliament to vote on it at all.

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I feel really sorry for anyone who stayed up all night reading the withdrawal agreement and trying to understand it.

Given the opposition to it, I'd be surprised if they even bother getting parliament to vote on it at all.

I feel sorry for whoever typed it out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DORSET'S top police officer says his force may soon "no longer be able to provide anything but the most basic services" in the face of its ongoing financial crisis.

Less than two months after a proposed merger of the forces covering Dorset and Devon and Cornwall was called off, police and crime commissioner Martyn Underhill gave a presentation about the county's finances at a meeting.

Blind woman dragged along the ground in "despicable attack" in West Howe

It is the first time such a warning has been given by a high-ranking officer from Dorset.

"While we remain committed to providing the best possible policing service to communities across Dorset, I am extremely concerned that the stark reality of our current financial outlook means that we may no longer be able to provide anything but the most basic services to the most vulnerable sectors of our community," he said.

“The Chancellor’s budget this year provided much needed and welcome additional funding for health, education and defence but identified no additional funds for police forces; only a very small one-off increase to support counter terrorism policing.

"This, combined with the potential changes to employer pension contributions and normal inflationary pressures, will remove more than £4 million a year from the force budget in coming years.

"The budget for Dorset police has already reduced by £25 million since the introduction of the government’s austerity programme and, as a direct result, we have had to reduce our workforce by 500 officers and staff.

"This rate of decline simply cannot continue without having a significant impact on our services."

Bournemouth Daily Echo

Public services driven into the ground whilst the chums enjoy their tax wheezes.

Gove offered role as Brexit Secretary according to rumours

interesting as I think he has higher ambitions than that , but maybe this time around is trying to avoid being seen to openly stab anyone in the back , so he might accept the role

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Failing Grayling also said to be considering whether to resign

Someone give him a pen, quick!

That way even if he doesn't resign, he'll likely lose an eye.

• Haha 3

Â