The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

She just said it allows us to "Take back control" *speechless*

But it was a given that the trite, lying phrases be trotted out, whatever the content and substance of the deal.  The PR people would have started with those as a structure, slotting details in around them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I can't see how this can good, unless it leads to another referendum or general election. 

It'll hopefully signify the speeding up of the crumbling of one of the worst governments in living memory.

She's a rat that won't go down with the the ship. Rather than jump like every sensible rat, she makes deals with the sea to keep the flotsam afloat for just one more day. And then it does it again. And again. Hopefully eventually it stops working.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

She did offer us all three options right?

This deal, no deal or no Brexit?

That's progress of sorts.

Well, at least she accepts it's a possibility. 

If she forces it as a choice between her deal or no deal, it would obviously have to be her deal because no deal is brain-dead.

She won't give parliament anything like a meaningful vote on Brexit. 

She might have to see through a vote of no confidence, but I can't see her being deposed. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

She did offer us all three options right?

This deal, no deal or no Brexit?

That's progress of sorts.

Well that's what she said.

When you strip away the detail the choice before us is clear. This deal, which delivers on the vote of the referendum, which brings us back control of our money, laws and borders, ends free movement, protects jobs, security and our union, or leave with no deal, or no Brexit at all.

But the mechanism for no Brexit (in her terms) is unclear,  since she stated today in parliament that there will be no second referendum, and she is trying to prevent the courts from saying whether A50 is unilaterally revocable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well that's what she said.

But the mechanism for no Brexit (in her terms) is unclear,  since she stated today in parliament that there will be no second referendum, and she is trying to prevent the courts from saying whether A50 is unilaterally revocable.

Shes already failed in the latter, its gone to the ECJ for a ruling already

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Shes already failed in the latter, its gone to the ECJ for a ruling already

Yes, I posted that a few days ago.  I think there is now no scope for further delay, and we are expecting a judgement on a short timescale?

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Yes, I posted that a few days ago.  I think there is now no scope for further delay, and we are expecting a judgement on a short timescale?

Well I can't see the EU side holding it up and its in everyone's interest to get clarity (we apart from May / Brexiteers who spent a small fortune attempting to stymie it)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peterms said:

A bit of digging sees references to November 27th

Â