The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Mordaunt is the bookies favourite, followed by Raab and McVey. I can't see McVey going, hand over a position on point of principal? She doesn't have any.

McVey might go to regain some image points as she's getting lots of negative feedback over Universal Credit, resigning would deflect the issue and send her in the right direction again for some. She's nothing if she isn't cynical and calculating

You do wonder how long this government can stumble on. Everything its touched has turned to shit and the entire thing is seemingly incompetent. Things like the horror show that is universal credit should be bringing them down let alone all the other shit.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You do wonder how long this government can stumble on. Everything its touched has turned to shit and the entire thing is seemingly incompetent. Things like the horror show that is universal credit should be bringing them down let alone all the other shit.

Yeah but look what's on the other side of the debate... what do you mean you can't see anything. Its a parrot with a grey beard repeating for the many not the few squwark squwark

• Like 1

Raab is on board as is Gove if reports last night are to be believed  , Mordaunt and McVey seem likely to resign but as thye've already been mentioned  ....

Fox would seem a good outside bet for  first resignation so I'll opt for him

23 hours ago, bickster said:

I believe they conceded in this case because to proceed, they would have had to reveal where their funding came from. One can only conclude that their funding comes from somewhere they really really don't want to reveal. There are a number of people currently trying to trace that funding

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

That was me :) 

Dope on a rope thread:

On 02/08/2012 at 19:58, tonyh29 said:

A well reasoned and unbiased post as always ?

after our bonkers but brilliant olympic opening ceremony Im looking forward to Boris as PM , he's got the bonkers part nailed , remains to be seen if he can do the brilliant

On 03/08/2012 at 14:20, snowychap said:

I don't see it happening.

I wonder whether his brother might be a Tory leader at some point, though.

On 03/08/2012 at 14:34, tonyh29 said:

I'm sure Boris believes it's his destiny ..mind you Boris also probably believes a lot of the things the voices in his head tell him

Would be interesting if the 2 brothers had to stand against each other for the leadership though ...it's not like one of them would knife the other one in the back is it :winkold:

Edited by snowychap
Trying to sort out the link

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was encouraging Stanley Johnson at the scene of the insemination, exhorting him to consider the long-term health of the Conservative Party while he did the deed. 

You were telling him to pull out?

• Haha 1

Â