The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

well the BBC still rate him, getting lots of airtime today

When it comes to Tory Leadership elections, the BBC is irrelevant. The MPs pay no heed to it, they are on the inside and the grassroots still think its full of Commies

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I thought he was still pretty popular with members?

Pretty sure he wouldn't get to a final two though. 

Nah, did you see the Ch4 Survation Poll (the Brexit one), his figures were almost as laughable as Farage's

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Has Jo Johnson timed it right to do an "Ed" and knife his brother for the top job ?

Someone, some time ago, on VT said that Jo was a more likely leader of the Tory party than his brother.

Ed didn't knife Rendition Dave.

Edited by snowychap

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought he was still pretty popular with members?

Pretty sure he wouldn't get to a final two though. 

He’s popular with the public ( some of it at least)

yougov had a poll few months back on potential Tory leaders  V Corbyn ... in their poll the only one who Beat  Corbyn was Boris

i kinda agree with Bicks that he isn’t entirely popular with the party , but stranger things have happened 

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Really? When?

I’d be hard pushed to give a date tbh but it would probably have been somewhere between the last election and today :)

i’d read an article about him and how he seemed popular within the party and was respected around Westminster ... the article was kinda along the lines of are we watching the wrong Johnson

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I’d be hard pushed to give a date tbh but it would probably have been somewhere between the last election and today :)

i’d read an article about him and how he seemed popular within the party and was respected around Westminster ... the article was kinda along the lines of are we watching the wrong Johnson

Melvyn in my office always watches the wrong Johnson.

Famous for it.

Starts up a conversation at the urinals and then sort of slightly leans in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, tonyh29 said:

So, between 2017 and now?

Some of us have been talking about (not talking up, note!) Jo Johnson as opposed to Boris a little before that (back in 2015).

38 minutes ago, snowychap said:

So, between 2017 and now?

Some of us have been talking about (not talking up, note!) Jo Johnson as opposed to Boris a little before that (back in 2015).

Is this like when everyone says they were at the first sex pistols gig ?

I missed the subtlety of your post and thought you were trying to wrack your brains thinking of a specific post .... not referencing a subject from a thread not seen since those dark days in 2015 when blandy was left in charge whilst Limpid  nipped our for a pint and he deleted half the Internet 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Over 12 days, the United Nations’ special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights is touring not Bangladesh nor Sudan but the UK. And what Philip Alston has discovered in the fifth-richest country on Earth should shame us all. From Newcastle to Jaywick, he has uncovered stories of families facing homelessness, of people too scared to eat, of those on benefits contemplating suicide.

'A political choice': UN envoy says UK can help all who hit hard times

This UN inquiry could prove one of the most significant events in British civil society this decade, for one simple reason: for once, poor people get to speak their own truth to power. They don’t get talked over or spoken down to, lied about or treated like dirt, as happens on any other day of the week. Instead, at these hearings, they speak to Alston and his aides about their own experience. The white-haired Australian academic lawyer doesn’t cross-examine; no vulgar TV debate ensues with some hired contrarian. In its unadorned humility, the process matters almost as much as the press statement on Friday or the report to be published in a few months. Here is someone above party politics, outside the parameters of national debate, determined to treat all sides – poor people, the politicians, the academics and NGOs – as equal.

Bearing their crutches and their prams, the crowd gathered in this east London hall on this Monday afternoon knows visitors like Alston come along but once. “We’re really glad you’re here,” one person tells him, to general approval. That enthusiasm is widespread: the UN team has been deluged by a record-breaking number of submissions (nearly 300 for the UK, against 50 when it toured the US last year); city councils have passed motions requesting his presence. After eight years of historic spending cuts, a decade of stagnant wages and generations of economic vandalism, these people and places want to bear witness.

Without media training, some speak off mic, others run over time. While talking, they clutch friends’ hands or break down. When the subjects are too raw, they look away. But the stories they tell are raw. In tears, Paula Peters remembers a close friend who jumped to her death after her disability benefits were stopped. With nine days to Christmas, “she left behind two small kids”. Trinity says she and her children eat from food banks and “everything I’m wearing, apart from my hair, is from jumble [sales]”.

The welfare secretary, Esther McVey, has never conducted such a listening project. Instead she makes up her own fantasies about the effect of this government’s austerity. This summer she fabricated stories about the National Audit Office’s report into universal credit, for which she was later forced to apologise. A couple of months later, she told the Tory faithful that claims of cuts to disability benefits were “fake news”, just days after House of Commons research showed that the government planned almost £5bn of cuts to disability benefits.

Grauniad

Tory filth don't care. They and their donors would rather leave the holes in the tax system for callous scum to exploit.

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He’s popular with the public ( some of it at least)

yougov had a poll few months back on potential Tory leaders  V Corbyn ... in their poll the only one who Beat  Corbyn was Boris

i kinda agree with Bicks that he isn’t entirely popular with the party , but stranger things have happened 

The latest polls since the Tory Party conference suggest otherwise, his popularity has plummeted, with Tory Party members and the general public. He's been sussed

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

The latest polls since the Tory Party conference suggest otherwise, his popularity has plummeted, with Tory Party members and the general public. He's been sussed

without knowing which polls you are referring to its kinda hard to say , You gov still have him as the most popular  conservative politician  @ 32% v May @ 32% (!!) ( Corbyn is  @30% for a comparison)

even his negative opinion (43%)  is lower than that of May (46%) & Corbyn (49%)

their data is up to Oct 31st 2018 , so well after the Tory conference

I just wouldn't write him  off is all I'm really saying

Â