The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

Basically yes - Have at it in detail if you like (pdf on link). All channels have to adhere to the code.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0033/99177/broadcast-code-guidance-section-5-march-2017.pdf

They may be sailing close to the wind

Fair play then. I assumed if a bunch of right wing idiots wanted to get together and spout shit they could.

Oh, that's the Tories isn't it

3 hours ago, picicata said:

Fair play then. I assumed if a bunch of right wing idiots wanted to get together and spout shit they could.

Oh, that's the Tories isn't it

Nothing wrong with right wing idiots doing it but paid MPs? It’s basically free party propaganda 

It's the usual farce, Ofcom is an "independent" regulator, with a board chairman who is a Conservative party peer, nominated by Mad Nads.

However, on his appointment to his role at Ofcom, he stepped down from the Conservative benches, so, you see, he's now a completely politically-neutral leading voice in the organisation.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I already know the outcome “no rules were broken”.

Nah, this time it's "go and sit in the corner with the sex offenders and other people too disgraceful even for us".

• Like 1

"His self-referral" :D

"Hi, the national press have made me aware of some absolutely disgraceful conduct by me, that needs to be investigated"

Well done for turning yourself in chap, what an act of integrity. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

"His self-referral" :D

"Hi, the national press have made me aware of some absolutely disgraceful conduct by me, that needs to be investigated"

Well done for turning yourself in chap, what an act of integrity. 

It's probably option 1 on the call line by now

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Nah, this time it's "go and sit in the corner with the sex offenders and other people too disgraceful even for us".

Nice bit of help for Labour in a target seat.

Indie is reporting that Electoral Commission has doubts Tories may not hand over postal vote applications

Doubts over whether postal vote applications being sent to thousands of homes across the country by the Conservatives are being handled legally have been raised by the Electoral Commission, i can reveal.

Applications are being returned to local party associations, rather than local councils, causing concern that some people may not be able to vote at the forthcoming local elections in May.

There are also concerns among voters that Conservatives are using the forms to harvest their data.

Someone might be able to explain why these applications are being sent to the tories.

Â