The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Got to disagree with you there. Saw a piece the other day which explained the various reactions in media around the world to the current circumstances. No one cares. 

Brexit made us irrelevant. Now no one gives a s**t about us as a nation. That's the legacy of all this. Not that we are derided, chastised, sympathised with, or anything else. That we are nothing. That's what breaks my heart. I love this country, and it has become irrelevant. 

Whilst we have fallen from the top table we aren’t an irrelevance. We’re doing our best to become one rather than regain our place, hence the laughing stock.

Not acknowledging Brexit as a complete disaster will be a ball and chain for as long as it exists.

They be changing the rules right now 'pparantly. So we shall soon have Sunak in as PM, Hunt has said no, Wallace I doubt, Mordaunt finished behind Sunak in the leadership contest. Will Sunak as PM, Hunt as CX be enough to calm this shit down? With so many noses out of joint I highly doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They be changing the rules right now 'pparantly. So we shall soon have Sunak in as PM, Hunt has said no, Wallace I doubt, Mordaunt finished behind Sunak in the leadership contest. Will Sunak as PM, Hunt as CX be enough to calm this shit down? With so many noses out of joint I highly doubt it. 

I think Sunak as PM will steady the ship. It’s the best they can do considering the situation they find themselves in.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I very much doubt there's a democracy in the world where an elected head of state has the power to dissolve an elected government and force an election.

Nor should there ever be.

Maybe not but they could at least voice their objection to whats unfolding. We have no voice to even start to call for a GE ATM, the media are licking the wounds and the BBC is hiding from threatened cuts in funding. 

Our saving grace is Martin Lewis, is this what its come down to? 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think Sunak as PM will steady the ship. It’s the best they can do considering the situation they find themselves in.

Yeah I agree - absolute madness they never put him in before. But crikey the ERG lot, the Boris backers, the membership, are all going to be seething, more civil war ahead!

Â