The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Truss's wooden speaking, paper thin policies, and lack of charisma will surely be picked up by the members in the hustings. They obviously don't have a firm favourite after Bozza has been thrown out as different polling has given completely different  results each time. May managed to avoid this scrutiny in 2016 as Leadsom imploded and withdrew before the  member vote. But I suppose if the Mail tells them she is Thatcher 2.0 they could vote for her.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Truss's wooden speaking, paper thin policies, and lack of charisma will surely be picked up by the members in the hustings. They obviously don't have a firm favourite after Bozza has been thrown out as different polling has given completely different  results each time. May managed to avoid this scrutiny in 2016 as Leadsom imploded and withdrew before the  member vote. But I suppose if the Mail tells them she is Thatcher 2.0 they could vote for her.

I think the average tory member, being 60, white, male and wealthy will have indulged their sordid fantasy imagining coitals with Truss last night - then this morning whilst browsing the Times and assessing their investments - will go for the candidate that will win the next GE and make them richer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Kwarteng is a definite for a cabinet position under Truss. He's pleased her in positions beneath her previously. Allegedly.

Indeed, he's her Edwina Currie :D

Truss this norning

Truss said she got it wrong by voting Remain in the 2016 referendum, saying "some of the portents of doom didn't happen"

bbc

Most of them did, but some didn’t, so it’s all good then.

She’s a car crash in waiting. That quote alone will be food and drink for the media for weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Is that some sort of position in the Royal Household, a tribute to the Queen of Hearts maybe?

You could be right with that, The Queen might be getting frustrated with this current phase of politicians and wants to speed up the next wave.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Truss this norning

bbc

She’s a car crash in waiting. That quote alone will be food and drink for the media for weeks.

The more trash/mudslinging/nonsense spouted by Truss and Sunak the better. The lower the Tories can go the harder it will be for them to recover. 

:popcorn:

• Like 4

Truss is just vacant, an empty shell of a human being.

I know we throw terms like moron around easily these days but I genuinely believe her to be thick as shit and every time I see / hear her (on TV etc) my opinion is only reinforced.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He comes from a family of tools. His uncle, Ron Storer, is a Tory Councillor. 

Ah, good old uncle Ron, once tory councillor for Kingstanding (I think) who abandoned them to start campaigning to be councillor for West Heath after a year of being elected. Another one with a face I could never tire of punching

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Kwarteng is a definite for a cabinet position under Truss. He's pleased her in positions beneath her previously. Allegedly.

I often imagine myself in his place tbh 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Truss this norning

bbc

She doesn't regret anything because it turned out well. She regrets it purely because it affects her political standing now. Odious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â