The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s laughable at this stage. Lob another hundred mill at Ukraine, that’ll keep the difficult questions away (it won’t).

If I was being cynical, I would suggest that  the leaks are all actually coming out of Ukraine to assist with funding for the war...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

If I was being cynical, I would suggest that  the leaks are all actually coming out of Ukraine to assist with funding for the war...

"Another ten mill Boris, or we tell 'em about the hamster". 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Boris' latest line is that he was told but he forgot. An excuse I probably haven't used since I was at school.

He doesn't seem to forget that they handled the Vaccine rollout well, or that the UK once (briefly and not for good reasons) had the fastest growing economies in the G7. Despite these being ancient history he seems to remember them like it's yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Boris' latest line is that he was told but he forgot. An excuse I probably haven't used since I was at school.

Incredible.

Sunday - he didn't know.

Monday - he did know.

Tuesday - he did know but forgot.

This is the feckin prime minister for Pete's sake - forgetting just doesn't cut it ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Incredible.

Sunday - he didn't know.

Monday - he did know.

This is the feckin prime minister for Pete's sake - forgetting just doesn't cut it ! 

You’d have thought that checking the facts before making statements would be standard practice, not for the PM obviously.

Where is he hiding by the way? Nobody seems to have got him in front of a camera so far this week.

The tactic of bluff, lie, vanish, lie, support a ukraine, lie hasn’t worked so far but he is still absolutely committed to it.

Why not, just once he honest and hold his hands up and say he made a mistake. The behaviour is unacceptable and he’s out. Then people will move on and he’ll gain a sliver of respect.

Instead it’ll linger on for weeks and none of the actual stuff they should all be doing gets done.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

The tactic of bluff, lie, vanish, lie, support a ukraine, lie hasn’t worked so far but he is still absolutely committed to it.

Why not, just once he honest and hold his hands up and say he made a mistake. The behaviour is unacceptable and he’s out. Then people will move on and he’ll gain a sliver of respect.

Instead it’ll linger on for weeks and none of the actual stuff they should all be doing gets done.

Its the plan. Controversy after controversy. Very little work gets done on the governing of the country so his mates get richer and we get poorer. State of this country makes me sick. 

• Like 2

I'm expecting some sort of NATO/British intervention in Ukraine meaning a suspension of Parliament and Johnson keeps power for the foreseeable. Perhaps even a way to avoid a general election. 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pathological liars are unable to tell the truth.

55 minutes ago, hippo said:

Incredible.

Sunday - he didn't know.

Monday - he did know.

Also it's not like he's referring to what he had for dinner a few weeks ago.

He's talking about essentially one of his employees being a sex offender. It's not the kind of thing you forget

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Also it's not like he's referring to what he had for dinner a few weeks ago.

He's talking about essentially one of his employees being a sex offender. It's not the kind of thing you forget

It's the kind of thing you might forget if you basically didn't give a flying **** to begin with, which isn't exactly a defence of him either.

Either a liar, or completely unfit for the role in his personality.

Or, most likely, both.

• Like 1

Â