Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Same here. I remember feeling sick over xmas 2012 when 15-0 happened. I also remember physically shaking at the end of the QPR win that season so desperate was I for us to stay up and I'm sure others were the same.

Now three years on it's time we went down tbh. We add nothing to this league and really need to rebuild out of the spotlight and away from as many world class players as possible.

As the goals went in today I just shrugged my shoulders. In fact I wanted Benteke to score as I still love him and would've been amusing to see VP applaud an opposition player scoring.

Just immune to it now. Probably the only time I'll feel sad about the current state will be the afternoon when relegation is actually confirmed as that's when reality will set in.

I always dreaded relegation due to not being on motd etc. But honestly, I bet I've seen less than 10% of this season premiership games/goals/highlights so I suppose on that level Ive already dealt with that reality. 

In fact I can't think about much that I'd going to effect me from going down. Had it not been such a pathetic 5 year slog down there and had been a bit more out of the blue, it'd be different.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

EDIT: Why bother. 

Why bother indeed? There is no argument to convince me we are anything other than an utter bag of shite. 

Yeah we might have the odd performance here n there but very rarely does it not coincide with the opposition being even worse. Palace n Norwich for example. 

This season my pashun ended right before xmas. Haven't bothered following our games as much since. This debacle that is our team has drained my love for the game in a way I'm not accustomed to. I'm sure it'll come back once I witness some actual positive signs with regards to our trajectory as a club from top to bottom. Right now it just seems futile and predictable. At least the championship will offer some mild form of novelty...for a while.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Same here. I remember feeling sick over xmas 2012 when 15-0 happened. I also remember physically shaking at the end of the QPR win that season so desperate was I for us to stay up and I'm sure others were the same.

Now three years on it's time we went down tbh. We add nothing to this league and really need to rebuild out of the spotlight and away from as many world class players as possible.

As the goals went in today I just shrugged my shoulders. In fact I wanted Benteke to score as I still love him and would've been amusing to see VP applaud an opposition player scoring.

Just immune to it now. Probably the only time I'll feel sad about the current state will be the afternoon when relegation is actually confirmed as that's when reality will set in.

In recent years, I remember feeling sick after games like the 1-0 defeat at home to Sunderland that put us in the bottom 3 under houllier, I remember looking at our fixtures after that game thinking we were relegated, losing to Bolton under mcleish feeling so depressed i thought we were gone, the 8-0 to Chelsea, 3-0 at home to Wigan, so many games lately have left me so angry and down like you I've become numb to the inevitable to the point today after 3-0 down I turned it off and cleaned the bathroom.

I wish the season would end now. Watching Villa is a horrible experience.

This team is nothing short of an embarrassment. Im yet to see a worse team in the final 3rd than us. We really are diabolical. Our build up play always involves going sideways, No midfielders make late runs into the box, our strikers off the ball movement is terrible & our crossing accuracy is woeful. I could go on and on. 

The club is in ruins on & off the pitch but its on the pitch everyone else has access to witness the car crash we have for a team and point & laugh which is the bit that truly hurts as a proud fan. 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

about 15 miles out of Sheffield towards Doncaster, little place called Swinton.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

about 15 miles out of Sheffield towards Doncaster, little place called Swinton.

Aye, know it well. I'm a donny lad. 

I find myself oddly tired of and irritated by hearing varieties of this: "I'm sticking with Villa no matter what."

Well, you go ahead.

It's all crossed that fine line between being loyal and being thick.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I find myself oddly tired of and irritated by hearing varieties of this: "I'm sticking with Villa no matter what."

Well, you go ahead.

It's crossed that subtle, fine line between being loyal and being thick.

So you're going to give up being a fan because we're being relegated to the second tier?

If you think sticking with the club you support is "thick" then fine but please don't come back if ever things are good again.

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Of course not. I'm too dense/loyal/stupid/dedicated to be anything but a Villa fan. I just want to be able to whinge about it.

No one's saying you can't whinge, your post just made it seem like you were giving up altogether.

For the record, I don't think sticking with your team during a relegation is "stupid". We're only going down to the second tier FFS.

I have seen it all before and to be honest I just feel numb to it now. It's my son I feel sorry for his 16 and he hasn't seen a decent Villa team, when I was 17 I saw us win the league and the European Cup. If he is lucky he might see us win the Championship poor kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hycus-flange said:

watched the game today and just laughed, I actually wanted Liverpool to smash in a few more, it's irrelevant anyway, we've been down for ages, a couple of seasons ago this result would of been embarrassing, these days it's just a run of the mill result.

onwards and downwards.  UTV

i was hoping for about 8 or 9-0 as that would have woke up the media as to what sort of shambles this club has become

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

No one's saying you can't whinge, your post just made it seem like you were giving up altogether.

For the record, I don't think sticking with your team during a relegation is "stupid". We're only going down to the second tier FFS.

Am I authorised to give up for the afternoon? 

Â