Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its true though in a sad way, better win rate, better success by keeping us up and getting us to a cup final unlike Lambert pathetic semi final showing

yet he is the one who gets all the criticism

Lol at defending Sherwood, especially when you highlight Lambert poor semi final showing and ignore the laughable performance Sherwoods team put on in the final. He's a terrible manager and that's why he'll never have a career as one.

• Like 4

I remember fondly the days when everything bad that ever happened to Villa (and most likely the whole rest of the world as well) was down to MON.

Now the burden seems to have been passed lock stock and barrel to Tim Sherwood.

Somewhere in the depths of southern America, General K is smiling to himself.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Lol at defending Sherwood, especially when you highlight Lambert poor semi final showing and ignore the laughable performance Sherwoods team put on in the final. He's a terrible manager and that's why he'll never have a career as one.

big difference between losing to probably the best Premier League team in the calendar year and a League 2 team

I'm not going to defend Sherwood but some of the blame IS ridiculous. I don't care how bad a manager you are, there is no way any manager can have such an influence so many months after he's departed! I don't think it's possible to destroy a teams mindset to such a degree that there is no recovery. People are using a weak link to make them feel better about what remains - the players. Sherwood may well have been a big problem but people must see now that the players simply aren't good enough and that's biggest issue. Our current manager can't even get a win out of this bunch, Sherwood isn't so admired  in the footballing world that any tactics or words he used on our players have destroyed them forever!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not going to defend Sherwood but some of the blame IS ridiculous. I don't care how bad a manager you are, there is no way any manager can have such an influence so many months after he's departed! I don't think it's possible to destroy a teams mindset to such a degree that there is no recovery. People are using a weak link to make them feel better about what remains - the players. Sherwood may well have been a big problem but people must see now that the players simply aren't good enough and that's biggest issue. Our current manager can't even get a win out of this bunch, Sherwood isn't so admired  in the footballing world that any tactics or words he used on our players have destroyed them forever!

I agree. 

Sherwood is a joke of a manager and will never get a manager job at a top club again but our current predicament is down to the fact that we took the team that finished 17th and sold/released Benteke, Delph, Cleverly and Vlaar, the spine of the team and in all probability our 4 best players. 

There was little chance of recovering from that, especially not with a bunch of unknowns from foreign leagues replacing them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

All the managers we've had in the last 5 years will all have played a small part in the relegation, some more than others but we've been slowly creeping down the table since September 2010.

Exactly, the one constant throughout is the owner who appointed the managers

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I remember fondly the days when everything bad that ever happened to Villa (and most likely the whole rest of the world as well) was down to MON.

I don't because that was never the case. Just because people in the past have pointed out that he pissed so much money up the wall doesn't mean anybody's ever thought everything at the club was his fault.

Likewise, I don't see anybody blaming Sherwood for everything either.

• Like 2

I don't because that was never the case. Just because people in the past have pointed out that he pissed so much money up the wall doesn't mean anybody's ever thought everything at the club was his fault.

Likewise, I don't see anybody blaming Sherwood for everything either.

I don't think you're looking too hard then! [emoji6]

All the managers we've had in the last 5 years will all have played a small part in the relegation, some more than others but we've been slowly creeping down the table since September 2010.

Exactly, the one constant throughout is the owner who appointed the managers

Gabby has been a constant too. It's all his fault.

20 hours ago, Richard said:

Sorry but blaming this summer basically ignores the last five years and make it sound like this season just happened in isolation

You are right Richard.....But This summers transactions was the straw that broke the camels back.

This has been going on for years.

I love the media. I read earlier something about the predictions for this weekend on the BBC.

Villa are "out with the empties at the end of this season" no matter what.

Sunderland, however, are still in it and "firmly in the fight to survive".

Is 4 points and 4 more goals all it takes to go from 'definitely, 100% certainly gone' to 'in a fight to stay up!'

• Like 2

Â