Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Any thread of hope I had has gone now, this is our easiest run of the season and we've managed 2 points from 3 games despite playing better. I'm resigned to it now, although it would be typical Villa to go and beat Sunderland just so that bit of my brain will keep chirping up with "you see? There IS a chance!"

Can't believe I just said it would be typical Villa to win a match, what a strange day

It is almost laughable how hyped up our squad was before the season kicked off compared with how we have actually performed. A lot of people (including newspaper pundits, not just Villa fans) were talking us up for a top half finish etc. 

It is probably because we spent big sums of money on exciting foreign names, but as it turns out virtually all of them have been flops.

I was genuinely worried at the start of the season because we sold or released our best players, the whole spine of the team, and replaced them with unknown quantities, but it is still quite crazy just how poorly things have turned out. 

• Like 2

A scary thought for when we finally get put out of our misery and our relegation is confirmed...

This team is worse than Lambert's League 1 kids bought on a budget...

We'd need a lot of work just to compete in the Championship at this rate. Double relegation beckons if we're not careful. Happened to Wigan, happened to Blackpool, happened to Leeds (before you tell me that we are "bigger" than Blckpool and Wigan).

• Like 1

I think the foreign players (who seem to have been the main point of contention) have shown once they have been given a run of games that they actually have some talent

our problem is that we didnt sign enough other good players alongside them. Its left us still having to play dross like guzan, bacuna, clark, hutton, richardson etc

Its pretty simple - if you keep selling your best players and don't spend enough to counter that, eventually its going to bite you. And we have spent the last 4 years with a chronic lack of investment in the playing staff, alongside utterly incompetent decision making at board level.

Relegation has been years in the making, and its ultimately down to one man, who like a cancer, has slowly destroyed this once great club.

4 hours ago, bose said:

I feel like a fool for having any hope before today. The players are shit and most of them don't care. I'm not gonna bother any more this season.

I like this , because its how i feel about it all, but its just not that simple. I try not to bother but its in my blood , it drags me down, and down each week , the hope  and then the game, seeing how shit we are but still hoping .......Westwood becomes Zidane or Hutton powers forward and plays a dangerous pass, or heaven forbid Guzan intercepts a dangerous paasage of play on thr outside of the penalty area

Or After loosing a game  Lerner kicks the **** dressing room door down and tells them all their **** losers , hopeless shit losers who don't even deserve to be at bodymoor Heath let alone villa park.

I would rather watch us get beat 10-0 and home with players who fought with pride than watch 75% of the players that started that game today.

Remi man up, plan for the long tern and drop the spinless **** I'm this team 

What are we hoping to stay up for now? Another season of bobbing along atop the bottom three?

I'm actually sick to my stomach of the Villa I've sat through and watched for the last 5 years. So I'll say it, the prospect of relegation doesn't scare me, it excites me.

The rot in this club is far too deep to cut out while trying to keep our head above water. Going down will allow us to have a decent clear out and start again. Like a detox, but a fun one where we might actually compete at the right end of the table.

Can we still stay up? Mathematically we can, and up until my alcoholic musing session this evening, I wanted us to stay up. But I honestly couldn't tell you why. I don't want another season of this shite. I want a season of fighting, winning some things and bringing in some changes.

Time for a clear out.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

We really aren't.

Although I think it's jumping the gun a bit to say that we have NO chance of staying up, we might as well have no chance. However, to say that we won't be coming back up on the first try when this season isn't even over yet is just ridiculous. That's not a "reality check", it's your opinion.

That's completely fair. I was inspired by Richards vicious circle comment regarding Lerner losing money == villa worse off == Lerner losing more money etc etc., hence the Leeds vs Newcastle example. 

I'll be frankly astonished if we can't at least compete for a play-off spot next season... but then again, Aston Villa.

26 minutes ago, AVFCAM said:

A scary thought for when we finally get put out of our misery and our relegation is confirmed...

This team is worse than Lambert's League 1 kids bought on a budget...

We'd need a lot of work just to compete in the Championship at this rate. Double relegation beckons if we're not careful. Happened to Wigan, happened to Blackpool, happened to Leeds (before you tell me that we are "bigger" than Blckpool and Wigan).

Double relegation happened to none of them....Wigan made the play offs first season they were down as did Leeds. Both went down the following season. Blackpool also made the play off final the first season aswell. Only team to have a double relegation is Wolves amusingly who were actually in good financial state when they came down but made some idiotic managerial appointments and kept faith with a losing squad....no chance of that happening here...oh!!!

More I look at it more we need to come up straight away otherwise I'd worry...other teams like Boro (o.k looking good this season), Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton were in prem for years and years, went down, couldn't come straight up and then the whole club stagnates, squad starts to get worse and crowds drop and now those teams look more likely to get relegated than get promoted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Double relegation happened to none of them....Wigan made the play offs first season they were down as did Leeds. Both went down the following season. Blackpool also made the play off final the first season aswell. Only team to have a double relegation is Wolves amusingly who were actually in good financial state when they came down but made some idiotic managerial appointments and kept faith with a losing squad....no chance of that happening here...oh!!!

More I look at it more we need to come up straight away otherwise I'd worry...other teams like Boro (o.k looking good this season), Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton were in prem for years and years, went down, couldn't come straight up and then the whole club stagnates, squad starts to get worse and crowds drop and now those teams look more likely to get relegated than get promoted.

100% right, my mistake re: relegations!

Like it or loath it we would be the biggest team to ever go down from the premiership, Lerner is still the 5 th  richest owner in the league .

We need a chairman that knows about football , break the bank and get one 

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It comes down to this. If randy doesn't open his wallet in January to bring in the cavalry, the conspiracy that they need us to be relegated for financial reasons, will be become a very true reality.

I think we are dead and buried and no amount of signings in january are going to save us now.Pessimistic?..yes after the drivel ive watched the last few months

• Like 1

Haha, no chance were staying up even with a load of signings.

Put it this way..... not only have we got to make the signings. They've got to work.

We have got to pull off what would be the most miraculous sporting turn around ever to exist. 

Literally needing something that has never happened in the 2 1/2 decades I've supported villa. 

Â