Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The notion that we will bounce back is a load of bollocks, anyone who is half decent will be off, either back off to France or to another top flight side who they've caught the eye of.

We'll be left with a mixture of some of our current plodders, youth players and then what ever shite the clueless transfer committee bring in. I certainly agree that there's every possibility that we will be languishing in the Championship for quite a long time.

No, the real bollocks is this idea that it's set in stone that we won't bounce back. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

• Like 1

Unless I can't count (which is entirely likely) then I make it that we have played exactly 38 Premier League games in the calendar year of 2015. 

P38  W6  D7 L25  Pts 25

Will we beat that total during this current season?  Probably not. 

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Unless I can't count (which is entirely likely) then I make it that we have played exactly 38 Premier League games in the calendar year of 2015. 

P38  W6  D7 L25  Pts 25

Will we beat that total during this current season?  Probably not. 

Even if your figures are slightly wrong, thats very very poor isn't it - relegation form in essence.

I would be very surprised if we reach 25 points in this season.

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

No, the real bollocks is this idea that it's set in stone that we won't bounce back. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

I am not sure if your referring to bouncing back this season, if you are then that is bollocks because we wont asthis team is absolutely hopeless. And I dont care if people complain but barring maybe a couple of them, they are LOSERS

If your talking to next season then yes I agree. No-one knows what the squad will be like next season in championship. I personally dont think garde will be here next season. Looks like a defeated man to me. If we go down we need someone with championship experience and as much as I dislike the bloke Pearson is the person we need. 

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'd get someone in now who knows how to build a team in the championship to get promoted. Garde does not

You mean, kind of like how we should have brought someone in with experience of getting a team out of a relegation battle this season?

• Like 1

I think there's far more going on than we know behind the scenes (unsurprising, I guess). The Delph and Beneteke clauses are the tip of the iceberg. I have no proof of any of this, but various things don't make sense.

We know about the Adama clause - probably not surprising. I think they've clearly built clauses into transfer deals that have playing time attached to them, too. Remember Sherwood dropping Sinclair with his 'change of formation' and then, by the season's end, we discover that his transfer clause was activated by playing a certain number of games? Gestede's touch and general skill levels are pretty questionable, but he clearly had an impact on the Newcastle and WHU games. Then he's dropped to the bench yesterday. Kozak's case is utterly baffling too. We need firepower and no one will take a chance on him. Gil is much the same story.

I'd say Grealish has a similar playing-time clause in his deal to trigger a new, lucrative, contract but frankly he's been a word removed with the lads.

Randy, Fox and Co. aren't forcing the managers' hands with team selections, per se, they're simply tying them in red tape. This will only get worse the less points we have: the prospect of less in TV money next year will get them looking how to save prospective costs in future: these kind of selection clauses are perfect. This is not how a football club should be run and until it stops, no manager will be able to do anything truly excellent. A dead cat bounce from the Championship next season is the best we can hope.

What I'm doing here is trying to explain away our problems, conspiracy-theory style. I just can't get my head around why the players we have - who are mid table at best - aren't gelling into an actual team. Maybe this is just business and to paraphrase the words of Mr Fox 'this is how every team on the planet works'.

Positivity resuming in 3, 2, 1...

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

Nothing is set in stone, buy we look a team that is way more likely not to bounce back.

Wed have to have a better season than at least 18 other teams, in a competitive league when we haven't beat a single championship team this season...

36 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sunderland and Newcastle need to follow us on the way down to the championship. All three clubs offer nothing to this league. I absolutely hate the situation we are in but to be honest we deserve relegation and not just based on this season either.

And that would make our task more difficult to come back up. If we had to go down I would like either swansea, norwich or bournmouth to come with us

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I am not sure if your referring to bouncing back this season, if you are then that is bollocks because we wont asthis team is absolutely hopeless. And I dont care if people complain but barring maybe a couple of them, they are LOSERS

If your talking to next season then yes I agree. No-one knows what the squad will be like next season in championship. I personally dont think garde will be here next season. Looks like a defeated man to me. If we go down we need someone with championship experience and as much as I dislike the bloke Pearson is the person we need. 

I was talking about next season.

I think it's way too early to be writing Garde off. "Experience" is so overrated anyway.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I'd get someone in now who knows how to build a team in the championship to get promoted. Garde does not

Yeah, and when they struggle as well let's sack them too in 4 months!

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Nothing is set in stone, buy we look a team that is way more likely not to bounce back.

Wed have to have a better season than at least 18 other teams, in a competitive league when we haven't beat a single championship team this season...

Most teams that get relegated don't look like coming back up - it's what you do in the summer that counts.

Yes we have beat another Championship team? We've played 1 Championship team (SHA) and we won, not that I think it really means much at this stage.

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yes we have beat another Championship team? We've played 1 Championship team (SHA) and we won, not that I think it really means much at this stage.

Well, I was specifically talking about the other championship quality floating around the bottom of the league...some others I'd have down as fellow championship strugglers.  You could argue Bournemouth, but that win wasn't deserved and I see them as a bit of a better than championship side just lacking depth.  Jesus, we were lucky to string out a win against Birmingham if you want to go into the finer detail...

It's an inescapable fact we're turd, it's also inescapable that we have to take down a big wage bill with reduced income and have the championships own FFP to contend with to "do anything in the summer".

Relegation will put us with the likes of Blackburn, it's a good thing we have taken their championship proven goal scorer...

P.S.  I'm still clinging onto the fact we stay up, because I can't bare to think about the alternative.

Edited by Neil

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

Well, I was specifically talking about the other championship quality floating around the bottom of the league...some others I'd have down as fellow championship strugglers.  You could argue Bournemouth, but that win wasn't deserved and I see them as a bit of a better than championship side just lacking depth.  Jesus, we were lucky to string out a win against Birmingham if you want to go into the finer detail...

It's an inescapable fact we're turd, it's also inescapable that we have to take down a big wage bill with reduced income and have the championships own FFP to contend with to "do anything in the summer".

Relegation will put us with the likes of Blackburn, it's a good thing we have taken their championship proven goal scorer...

P.S.  I'm still clinging onto the fact we stay up, because I can't bare to think about the alternative.

You say there are teams in the league who are "championship quality" but for the most part everyone who is here deserves to be so. The only championship quality teams there have been this season are probably us and Sunderland, so your argument is a bit weak.

Just now, Mantis said:

You say there are teams in the league who are "championship quality" but for the most part everyone who is here deserves to be so. The only championship quality teams there have been this season are probably us and Sunderland, so your argument is a bit weak.

Poppy cock, there are at least 6 teams in the championship better than us, sunderland and newcastle.  None more so than us.

We will struggle in the championship, we'll be looking more like Bolton than Blackburn...neither of which are doing particularly well since their relegation.

Â